BOS Alphabet League CHAT Thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

pacoboy

BOS Alphabet League CHAT Thread

PostSun Mar 12, 2023 2:03 pm

BOS ALPHABET LEAGUE

Cap $160 Mil, DH, Waivers, Random Divisions. There is NO CODE, we draft first and then load later.

ATG ALL ERAS

I promise you this, the draft will be as much if not more fun than the actual league itself

Ok this is not your ordinary Alphabet League. This league will be a LIVE draft but on theses message boards. It could take a week or probably more. So if you're not a patient person or "savvy" to the boards drafting checking in, this is not for you. I will help with emails but you need to be able to find your way to the boards and check in periodically. I would like to get all cell #’s to text people when they are up (or emails) emails will be used to help you know when it’s your turn so you’re not checking every 30 seconds.
Abbreviated rules:

1. we randomly pick a letter to start the draft. This will be determined by the last person to sign up. I know how it works, you don’t….so again, put your name down randomly below.
2. The players, in draft order, pick a player (or stadium) with that letter. Then the next player picks but using the next letter in the alphabet. If no players or stadiums are available you move to the next letter....and so on until we all have 25 players + a stadium.
3. During the course of this long process you can skip a letter in 1 of 3 ways. 1) no available choices 2) you already have that letter covered or 3) you can use 1 of your 3 FREE SKIPS.
4. The cap is relatively high because we need flexibility due to lack of choices with some letters. However, if you cap out at any point you lose your highest $ player.
5. Every ADD/DROP, every TRADE must be LETTER for LETTER. So if you pick up Pedro Martinez you better drop an “M” and so forth.
6. Rosters are fixed at 25 + a stadium
7. This is an NFL Style draft, not a snake draft. It goes 1 thru 12 and then back to 1.

RULE CLARIFICATIONS

8 . You may only use 1 of each type of skip PER TURN. So later on in the draft when you have M, N, O, P, Q, R and you come to a "M" you can only pick M or skip to N. You can not skip all the way to "S". However, if you have a FREE skip left then you can move to "O"
9. TYPES OF SKIPS and NOTATIONS on the Draft Boards "LS" = Letter Skip (when you already have that letter), "FS" = Free Skip (we each get 3 for the duration of the draft) , and "NPS" = No Players Skip = There are no players OR Stadiums left in the draft pool with that letter
10. YES, we are drafting Stadiums (this was stated in the original rules but just emphasizing it again)
11:
For the purposes of this draft, I will "ASSUME" you are taking the lowest value card and will not be monitoring the CAP.

I trust you will monitor your own caps.

Anyone who can not draft their chosen 25 will be forced DROP THEIR HIGHEST 365 CARD and that card will not be available to them for the entire season

To the last 2 signups, the other 10 members of this league (including myself) play in a regular group called the BOYS OF SUMMER consisting of approx 50 365 members....but on occassion, like this, we open it up to others.

I promise you all the guys here are cool and you will have fun.

For ycbill and barrmorris, my email is apisano22@verizon.net Feel free to email me....the rest of you, I have your emails. Once we get rolling I'm hoping to get 2-3 picks a day in EACH so lets remember to check in or give me your cell phone numbers and i'll text you when you're up.

thanks

AP
Last edited by pacoboy on Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Hamilton17

Re: BOS Alphabet League CHAT Thread

PostSun Mar 12, 2023 3:06 pm

AbcdFML ....

Easy?

Anthony, as always, thanks for a great league! I'm very excited to see how this plays out. Huzzah!

pacoboy

PostSun Mar 12, 2023 4:01 pm

Thanks

This one will start off really slow until everyone knows we're started and then move along nicely.

...and its Sunday :)

wiebster

PostSun Mar 12, 2023 8:13 pm

Hello Anthony. We are using ATG9 card set, correct?

Jumper92

PostSun Mar 12, 2023 8:23 pm

Rule #3 Question: Skips

As it's looking like my first round pick will land on 'Q'...and as much as I'd like to snag Frank Quilici...does using a skip just move you to the next letter in the alphabet?

Thanks- Eric/Jumper92

ycbill

PostSun Mar 12, 2023 9:08 pm

Jumper92 wrote:Rule #3 Question: Skips

As it's looking like my first round pick will land on 'Q'...and as much as I'd like to snag Frank Quilici...does using a skip just move you to the next letter in the alphabet?

Thanks- Eric/Jumper92

Are we restricted to using only one way of moving to the next letter? Such as, a skip for a previously used letter PLUS a free pass.

pacoboy

PostSun Mar 12, 2023 10:20 pm

wiebster wrote:Hello Anthony. We are using ATG9 card set, correct?

Yes

Sorry for not stating that.

ALL ERAS.

pacoboy

PostSun Mar 12, 2023 10:24 pm

Jumper92 wrote:Rule #3 Question: Skips

Thanks- Eric/Jumper92

Yes, and no. The initial answer is YES, if you use 1 of your 3 FREE skips you move to "R". Later in the draft when you have a letter, you can use a LETTER skip also to move to the next letter. For round 1, the only time you can skip is a FREE skip or "X" because there are none. We are drafting STADIUMS so you can also use "Q" for QUALCOM

pacoboy

PostSun Mar 12, 2023 10:29 pm

ycbill wrote:
Are we restricted to using only one way of moving to the next letter? Such as, a skip for a previously used letter PLUS a free pass.

You may use 1 of EACH skip per turn but never TWO of the same skip.

So later on in the draft when you have M, N, O, P, Q, R and you come to a "M" you can only pick M or skip to N. You can not skip all the way to "S". However, if you have a FREE skip left then you can move to "O"

I will post a rules update above for some minor things I may have left out for clarification.

sebtay41

PostSun Mar 12, 2023 10:43 pm

Are you allowed to have two players with the same letter? In your example it said you had M-R, and that they can pick M or N. So they would have 2 M's or 2 N's in that case.
Next

Return to Individual League Chat