Rules
$100m
2022 UNLEASHED season player set
5/10/20 waivers
DH
Advanced
No frenzy

Live draft: 20 rounds, 19 players + one stadium

* No clock 1st round. Three (3) hours thereafter.
* Clock is 0700 to 1900 PDT
* No clock on weekends
* Waivers guys go at the top of the draft list
* You MUST put the players that you draft on your initial team when we load the league. You can cut them waivers if you desire, but they have to be on the initial team submitted.
* You can ONLY select 25 players going into the Auto Draft. After waivers you can carry as many as you want.

A Reminder: this is a live draft, During the "clock hours", it is expected that you'll either be on the site or have proxies. Of course, sometimes proxies run out or things come up. This is understood. If and when this happens, please check on the site afterwards so that we can understand what happened. Thank you.

Draft Order/Divisions

East
dalekeener
stevep107
BigAlric
randal64

Central
Jeepdriver
klx22
joethejet
nythawk129921

West
milleram
Semper Gumby
Stoney18
Spider 67

joethejet

Re: NLD 63 - Mad Dog's Revenge

PostMon Jun 05, 2023 6:13 pm

Ok, before someone asks, this NLD is named after #63 Ryan Madson who posted a career13.5 WAR and a 4.1 while wearing the number from 04-08 for the Phils. Yeah, maybe not the best name, but there it is.....

We will be working round a couple of schedules:

stevep107 wrote:
Yes, I'm in. The only possible issue is that I'll be flying from Australia to Canada on the 10th of June. So, I'll be out of action for 25+ hours which could disrupt the draft. I will, of course, use proxies to minimize any delays. Cheers.

PS If any of you live near Toronto or Vegas, let me know. I'd be happy to catch up for a coffee chat.

June 10 is a Saturday and I know I'll be away from the computer for most of the day also. Going to Giants/Cubs with 60 other people and I'm organizing.

milleram wrote:Congrats Spider.

JTJ---I'm in if you guys can wait a week or so to start the draft---I'm having cataract surgery on the 7th (2nd eye) and I could hardly stand to look at a screen for a few days after the 1st eye about three weeks ago. I hope this one will go a little less painful. I probably will be OK to go by the 12th (a Monday)

My reply

joethejet wrote:
I wouldn't think that's a problem. It will probably take us a week or so to round everyone up anyway. Once we get everyone, we'll just start without a clock until you're full go.

So, please note, we will not start the clock until Milleram says he's good to go. Probably not until next week. Please be patient with the picks until then.

Stoney18

PostTue Jun 06, 2023 2:23 pm

Anybody have time to go do the draft site and double check that all the unleashed players have been entered and the salaries are correct?

joethejet

PostTue Jun 06, 2023 5:26 pm

Stoney18 wrote:Anybody have time to go do the draft site and double check that all the unleashed players have been entered and the salaries are correct?

Looks like you got them all!

milleram

PostTue Jun 06, 2023 5:38 pm

Seems like the ones that matter are all in there (above $2M or so, Pitchers and Hitters), though I don't know the actual unleashed roster--just comparing it to regular 2022 set.

Eye surgery tomorrow, hopefully I will see you guys in a couple of days!!

I don't see any reason why you can't start the draft as long as no clock till Monday--I can probably muddle my way through a high pick or two without much screen time.

Stoney18

PostTue Jun 06, 2023 5:48 pm

Invite sent out to everyone except Hawk (no email on draft site) and draft has been started. Let me know if you see any issues.

Joe will communicate when clock will start.

joethejet

PostTue Jun 06, 2023 10:39 pm

Stoney18 wrote:Invite sent out to everyone except Hawk (no email on draft site) and draft has been started. Let me know if you see any issues.

Joe will communicate when clock will start.

I emailed Hawk. Clock won't start until Milleram is ready to go.

klx22

PostWed Jun 07, 2023 2:12 pm

pick is in

joethejet

PostWed Jun 07, 2023 3:02 pm

I made my pick and Hawk is up. Not likely we'll get past milleram today however. Patience fellas.

To give you guys something to do, I have posted the NLD History: www.angelfire.com/games5/joethejet/NLD_History.xls (remember to copy/paste)

Notes:
-Spider has won three in a row. Only GBrookes (31-33) has done that before. If he gets 4, it woud be a new record.
-Third best record won for the second time in a row and 17 times overall. The best record has won 22.
-Milleram has made foru of the last five playoffs, but hasn't managed to get a ring in any of those.
-Semper made the playoffs after missing twice.
-Stoney is on an every other season spree over the past five.
-Stoney posted the best record for the 11th time. He slipped past JTJ for the best percentage of best records with 25%!
-JTJ is every other for the past four.
-The last season had one of the higher std deviations and gaps between high and low. Six teams finished below .500 and one at .500.
Last edited by joethejet on Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stoney18

PostWed Jun 07, 2023 4:34 pm

So you're saying I should sit this one out?
Next

Return to Individual League Chat