Rules
$100m
2023 season UNLEASHED player set
5/10/20 waivers
DH
Advanced
No frenzy

Live draft: 20 rounds, 19 players + one stadium

* No clock 1st round. Three (3) hours thereafter.
* Clock is 0700 to 1900 PDT
* No clock on weekends
* Waivers guys go at the top of the draft list
* You MUST put the players that you draft on your initial team when we load the league. You can cut them waivers if you desire, but they have to be on the initial team submitted.
* You can ONLY select 25 players going into the Auto Draft. After waivers you can carry as many as you want.

A Reminder: this is a live draft, During the "clock hours", it is expected that you'll either be on the site or have proxies. Of course, sometimes proxies run out or things come up. This is understood. If and when this happens, please check on the site afterwards so that we can understand what happened. Thank you.

Draft Order/Divisions
East
Spider
dalekeener
Stoney18
GILBO

Central
Semper Gumby
Jeepdriver
milleram
stevep107

West
klx22
BigAlric
joethejet
RandyW65

joethejet

Re: NLD 66 - Popeye Eats His Spinach

PostWed Jun 19, 2024 10:34 pm

Ok, I know Randy will be disappointed that we are using Puig for this NLD, but at least Don Zimmer started as a Dodger!

So, the Rays retired Zim's as number 66 in 2015 so I had to go with him for this NLD

"Don Zimmer enriched the lives of everyone in the Rays family, and he played a significant part in the growth of our organization," said Rays Principal Owner Stuart Sternberg. "Zim's presence has been a gift to the game of baseball, and his influence will be felt for years to come.

No. 66 was the last uniform number worn by the beloved Zimmer and signified his number of years in professional baseball. He spent 11 years in a Rays uniform (2004-14)-most of any of the 14 major league clubs that employed him as a player, coach or manager.

He broke into the majors in 1954 as an infielder with the Brooklyn Dodgers and was a teammate of Jackie Robinson for the next three seasons. He went on to play 12 seasons with the Brooklyn and Los Angeles Dodgers, Chicago Cubs, New York Mets, Cincinnati Reds and Washington Senators.

He ALSO was a coach for the Giants in 1987, a year they won the division. He left to manage the Cubs and faced the Giants in the 89 NLCS.

Zimmer was nicknamed "Zim", "Gerbil", and "Popeye" because of his facial resemblance to the cartoon character.

I went with Popeye because Zim is boring and he didn't like Gerbil

stevep107

PostThu Jun 20, 2024 11:45 am

Hi all. I’m currently on holidays in Canada but will be returning home on the weekend. Which means I may be offline for 8-15 hours at a time. I will, of course, use proxies for my next 5 picks (as I always do). But, as a courtesy, I wanted to let you all know about my upcoming movements. To be honest, you probably won’t even notice because I almost never delay the draft with my picks. Cheers. SP.

Stoney18

PostThu Jun 20, 2024 2:15 pm

Ok, draft is set up and invites have been sent to everyone except Milleram. He does not have an email on the draft site.

Please double check all the unleashed players. It's a manual process and I'm pretty sure I got them but always helpful for another pair of eyes to review.

** Apologies on the copy/paste for the draft invite. It's not BigAlric to lead us off but Spider.

milleram

PostThu Jun 20, 2024 5:05 pm

I don't know why I don't have an email on draft site (I did), but if it prevents the flood of emails from the draft process, I may like that :!:

joethejet

PostThu Jun 20, 2024 6:11 pm

milleram wrote:I don't know why I don't have an email on draft site (I did), but if it prevents the flood of emails from the draft process, I may like that :!:

Miller, I can add it back in ifyou'd like!

joethejet

PostFri Jun 21, 2024 1:50 am

Semper let me know he's got some family issues he's dealing with, but he'll pick in the morning.

klx22

PostFri Jun 21, 2024 6:25 am

we typically have a slow start

Semper Gumby

PostFri Jun 21, 2024 9:04 am

My better half (except when it comes to yard work) - father had a large cancerous growth removed from the side of his head - five (5) hour operation that scheduled for two (2) hours

The squamous cell grew exponentially from time of discovery - four (4) weeks

He now looks like Vincent Van Gogh as he is missing part of his ear and a sh*t load of skin around his head (grafts)

The today conversation is whether we build an inlaw place on our property in the event the cancer spread and his time with us shortens - her mother will not master living alone very well

But i digress

joethejet

PostFri Jun 21, 2024 1:22 pm

Sorry to hear that Semp. :(

Hey Guys, I'm out of town this weekend, actually starting in 10 minutes. I'll do my best to pick and leave proxies, but it's for a wedding and we're in Napa so.....

Anyway, Unless I hear an outcry from you guys, I figured I'd put the clock on on Monday. That's what we usually do when we finish the first round on a Friday afternoon.
Next

Return to Individual League Chat