USKL 3 Chat & Trades

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: USKL 3 CHAT & TRADES

PostTue May 07, 2024 12:54 pm

Old friend MFL536 has volunteered to take over Hawks team. I will make the changes to the league Google roster late this afternoon after I get home from work. Micheal can have a day to orient himself and we'll get the draft underway tomorrow.

I will be making some changes to the Goggle roster, format changes mostly. Player names will be displayed Last names first, and I will ask all drafts to follow the same format. The reason for this is not just personal preference BTW. The player list I use to create player available sheets, (which I will be doing going forward) are arranged that way and it simply makes editing them much easier. I also believe the divisions are a holdover from last year but haven't checked yet. They should follow the draft order with teams drafting 1-4 in the east etc.

Thanks.

toshiro

PostTue May 07, 2024 1:06 pm

Welcome, MFL!

MFL536

PostTue May 07, 2024 2:16 pm

Is this league unleashed or regular

Ninersphan

PostTue May 07, 2024 2:29 pm

MFL536 wrote:Is this league unleashed or regular

Regular to play but unleashed and other uncarded players can be drafted. Any player that has MLB playing time prior to the start of the current MLB season can be drafted.

Salary Cap is $999,000

Terry101

PostTue May 07, 2024 5:03 pm

Welcome MFL536

MFL536

PostTue May 07, 2024 6:35 pm

2 missing picks were made

as was being done in another league where Hawk was being replaced I will wait on any trades with the hope he shows up again
a number of tradeable pieces

Palmtana

PostTue May 07, 2024 6:46 pm

Do you have the availables list, Michael?

Ninersphan

PostTue May 07, 2024 8:54 pm

Ok draft is restarted, we'll hold off on a clock for the rest of this round but starting rd. 3 it will be 2-hour clock 10am-10pm Monday -Friday.

I have made some edits to the google roster. I took off the 6 or 7 draft picks Sean had added on the combined roster tab so I could get an accurate count of how many draft picks everyone should have had after cuts were made. To do that I converted what was the Draft page to just a draft grid and created a draft page that will be easier to cut and paste the draft pick onto from the message boards. The entire draft order is now on the first post of the draft thread. Everyone please check it out and make sure I have your correct number of picks.

I will continue to edit the roster, changing the order of names (Last, First), moving guys to more appropriate positions, (added DH, INF and OF) and alphabetizing large groups. If you want a particular player moved to a particulr position, please let me know.

IMPORTANT I am imposing a moratorium on trading 2025 summer prospect picks and 3rd round supplemental picks.

The free agent draft pool for this league is a deep as a puddle. It was something I wanted to address in my first stint and commissioner and was not able to, before I resigned due to time constraints. Now that I'm back in the saddle, I would like to propose some steps to improve the Free agent draft pool going forward. Once we are done drafting, I will be putting up two or three proposals to change draft formats for the prospect drafts and supplemental draft, but I want the league to vote on the proposals. Maybe you guys like shallow spring drafts.

One more note, the rules for the draft state:

4) All owners must have a full 40 man roster upon completion of the annual Spring Free Agent draft.

However no team will allowed to draft past the 15th round, with one exception. In the event a trade occurs during the draft that is unbalanced that would leave a team with less than 40 players at the end of their predetermined last round, that player would be awarded a Supplemental draft pick at the end of the draft to bring their roster to 40. If this happens with multiple teams, the draft order would follow the same order as earlier rounds.

Due to Ernie's pre-draft trades and the number of cuts he made, he would be two players short of 40 if he ended where the draft is supposed to in round 15. Because I'm coming in after the cuts were done and it wasn't caught prior, he will be awarded two supplemental picks in order to bring his roster to 40.

Thank you all for your patience. Lets get this rolling.

Palmtana

PostTue May 07, 2024 8:58 pm

Palmtana wrote:Do you have the availables list, Michael?

Mike let me know he hadn't received the availables list. I sent it to him.

Ninersphan

PostTue May 07, 2024 9:09 pm

Palmtana wrote:
Palmtana wrote:Do you have the availables list, Michael?

Mike let me know he hadn't received the availables list. I sent it to him.

8-) 8-)
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat