Can Strat tell us what they've done for us lately?

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

PJ Axelsson

Can Strat tell us what they've done for us lately?

PostFri Jan 13, 2023 9:13 pm

Adding new cards is wonderful, but can you tell us what you've done to improve the quality of the game lately? I'm thinking a list, curious to see if you can list to us what you've done to improve the product that we pay for.

The strat community would be happy to continue to suggest improvements, but implementing some of them would be nice too.

MaxPower

Re: Can Strat tell us what they've done for us lately?

PostSat Jan 14, 2023 1:18 am

Check the News box you scroll past every time your office loads. 1964 set, salary floor, Baseball Daily tournament, 1977, 1998, custom subsets, 1969, expanded commish privileges, the Full Ohtani. That looks to be about it for the last couple years.

PJ Axelsson

PostSat Jan 14, 2023 11:44 am

Those are mostly adding new cards/sets. I'm hoping for expanding the managerial controls, improving and expanding the available stats, that sort of thing. Improvements in the game engine and layout. Not just throwing new cards out.

coyote303

PostMon Jan 16, 2023 12:23 am

I also wish they'd give some feedback. Some good suggestions been made on this sub-forum and some not-so-good ones. However, all we ever get is silence.

Backfire

PostFri Apr 28, 2023 8:42 pm

I'd love to see more news in general and more fixes/updates beyond extra cards and sets. The reason that's not happening presumably must be some kind of internal complications we're not aware of.

coyote303

PostSun Apr 30, 2023 8:01 pm

Many years ago (12+?) SOM was run by the publication The Sporting News. Bernie worked for the Sporting News and was active on the forums. Communication was 2-way, and we the fans felt like we were being heard. Then SOM decided they wanted to run things themselves. Fortunately, they brought Bernie over from TSN, and things were still good for awhile.

However, Bernie and SOM eventually parted ways. One can only speculate why. Then someone from SOM named John Garcia started a blog in 2012, which ran until 2018. His blog posts are still in their own section on the forum. John's blog was very good; it was informative and helpful. However, communication was 1-sided. No replies were allowed!

Since 2018, we've had nothing (unless you count the news feeds that run across our screen.

SOM has a great product. However, they don't seem interested in feedback or suggestions. I hope I'm wrong and they do read and consider suggestions and comments made on the forums.

I will give their support staff high marks. Whenever I had to contact them with an issue, I always got a helpful reply.

PJ Axelsson

PostWed Dec 06, 2023 8:06 pm

More stats! More stats! More stats!

All these statistics are captured, but we can't access them. Only the leaderboard gives us a glimpse, but we want to see hour our team and other teams are doing. Please let us see more statistics. That's why we're here!

PJ Axelsson

PostWed Dec 06, 2023 8:08 pm

The "watch game" interface is pretty basic and hasn't seen an upgrade since its launch. Maybe add some detail there too? Show cards? Show dice rolling, give us options. Just a few of the things already coded into the windows game would be nice.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM