Have trades been read?

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

ratioman2

Have trades been read?

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 6:00 pm

Really need this as many are just deleting offers so you have no way of knowing whether to be patient or make an offer to another player.

Valen

Re: Have trades been read?

PostFri Aug 31, 2012 8:05 pm

I agree this would be nice to have.

As a rule though I assume after a reasonable period of time that a trade has been read and negatively decided upon.
I do that because either it has been read or it has not. If it has and the person has not accepted or at least told me they are thinking about it odds are extremely low they will ever accept. If it has not been read I interpret that as the person is not keeping a check on their team and it might be days or whatever before they read it and act. In the end whether it has been read and ignored or just ignored altogether end result is the same. I need to move on and negotiate with other teams who are interested in something I have. willing to talk fair trade, and active enough with their team to interact in a timely manner.

If the feature of how one handles a trade offer when received is altered I would suggest going beyond just flagging whether it has been read or not. Relabel the delete button to reject and delete. Then if they hit the delete button it would show on your side it had been rejected which it has whether they hit reject or delete.

Knerrpool

PostSat Sep 01, 2012 7:44 am

Yes, there needs to be a rescind button like there was at TSN. Sometimes things change in the time it takes to accept or reject.

fatdaddy054

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 9:34 pm

"Q: How do I know if a trade offer/message was read?
A: Right now you can’t. This could be considered a privacy issue as some users do not want others to know if they have read their mail or not. We do not consider this a bug as it was intentionally not put into place although we may reconsider this in the future."

I find this logic to be very inconsistant as you are willing to show someone to be online or offline at present. I see this as more of a privacy infringement than the trade issue.

Please consider the issue of online - offline as a serious privacy issue as it is nobody's business who is on or off line.

Paul

andycummings65

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 9:39 pm

I wish people would just answer the moment they see a trade offer. It takes 30 seconds to either say "No, (reason)", "Yes", or "Let me think about it". That's what I try to do.......

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM