Garcia's Blog 8/7/14- Settings Questions

• Author

JohnG

Garcia's Blog 8/7/14- Settings Questions

PostThu Aug 07, 2014 4:05 pm

Hey guys,

Hope everyone has had a good week. We received a number of questions this week from new players so I'm going to go through just a couple of them here.

First, we receive a lot of questions that are already covered in the rules. While it's not a problem sending a question in, depending on what time you do it may be quicker to find an answer in the rules. You can find the rules here.

The rulebook covers what the game, the basics of what to do and how to start a team, the entire pre-season process (how are waiver claims decided, what's a frenzy league, etc), and in-season and playoff rules. But if you can't find it there or just don't want to look e-mailing us (or posting here) is the best way to get an answer.

Moving on to some questions we were asked, first is pitcher's fatigue. Oftentimes users set pitchers "Do Not Remove Before" setting without understanding what that actually means. Now a pitcher's fatigue level can be from F0 to F9. F9 means that he is operating on all cylinders, whereas F0 indicates that he has nothing left in the tank. Normally pitchers start their appearance as F9 and maintain that level until they approach or exceed their Suggested Pitch Count. The pitcher's performance will drop as his fatigue level drops from F9 to F0. Selecting a lower number means that pitcher will remain in the game even though they are losing effectiveness and there may be better options sitting in the bullpen. I would not recommend using this setting for any pitcher unless you are sure they are your best option and you want them in the game even when tiring. I've often seen users set middle relief and set-up men to a "Do Not Remove Before" level and ask why their closer isn't getting put in the game. If you want your closer in, remove this setting.

Other questions we were asked are how do the Steal More/Less, Quick Hook/Slow Hook settings work. Every decision made by the computer manager is based on a percentage. The above options change those percentages in the direction you want. So by choosing steal more, you're increasing the chance that the computer manager may attempt a steal in all situations with that runner. You're not necessarily restricting the runner to only steal more when the pitcher's hold is +, that rating affects that runner across the board.

That's all I have for today. As always, please e-mail us with any questions at onlinegamesupport@strat-o-matic.com. I will talk to everyone again next Thursday!

-John

Return to Garcia's Blog