Garcia's Blog XXIV- Defensive Substitutions

• Author

JohnG

Garcia's Blog XXIV- Defensive Substitutions

PostThu May 30, 2013 4:24 pm

Hey guys,

I've seen a question or two about defensive substitutions come up recently which I wanted to quickly go over here. When multiple players are selected to be removed for defensive sub, it will look to remove them all as a group and find the best possible defensive combination without those players. However if it cannot find a combination which makes the defense better, it will not replace any of the players.

For example, if you have Hanley Ramirez (3B) and Matt Holliday (LF) checked to remove it will find and replace both players as long as the overall defense improves. However if Danny Espinosa (2B) is also checked off to be removed, even inadvertently, the game will not likely be able to find a better defensive combination overall and will not be able to remove any of the players. So Holliday and Ramirez will still remain in the game.

When checking players to remove for defensive subs be aware that the game will attempt to remove all of the players as a group and whether there are suitable options to replace all of them.

I also want to note here that an auto-draft bug that affected games where the Closer Rule was not in effect has been corrected. If you missed out on a pitcher who had a closer rating in these player sets the game would award the next available relief pitcher who also had a closer rating, now the game will ignore the closer rating and just choose the next available relief pitcher.

As mentioned last week, sign-ups have begun for the 2013 Players Championship. If you are interested you can sign up and/or learn more about it here.

As always please send in any blog ideas/questions/comments you have to onlinegamesupport@strat-o-matic.com. Talk to you all next Thursday!

-John

Return to Garcia's Blog