365 defensive ratings question...

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

bh327

365 defensive ratings question...

PostFri Apr 07, 2023 2:31 pm

I am about to make up my draftlist for 365 season. I wanted to pickup Nico Hoerner as my shortstop. Hoerner has a 1 rating at shortstop but its not his main position this year. Swanson is ss now. Hoerner is a 2 at second.

Since Hoerner will hardly play shortstop this year will it make any difference if that's not his main position in the way his error rating or play on defense will affect outcomes X wise? Thanks everyone.

BH

barrmorris

Re: 365 defensive ratings question...

PostFri Apr 07, 2023 3:16 pm

You didn't mention it, but I can tell from the information you gave that you are talking about 2023 Baseball Daily. It's unclear to me exactly what your question is. If you are just asking whether being a secondary position impacts x-chances, the answer is no. Hoerner is currently a 1e17 at short and that is how his x-chances would be interpreted.

However, in the Daily game, it is possible that Hoerner's fielding ratings will change over the course of the season. I do not know how not playing the position in the actual MLB season this year would impact future fielding ratings.

Return to General Strategy