2018 Daily Game 2 1/2 Franchises League - FILLED

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

rynecrazy

Re: 2018 Daily Game 2 1/2 Franchises League - DRAFTING

PostSun Mar 25, 2018 12:13 pm

Now, that the team draft is almost completed, I would like to re-visit the Commissioner's proposal to adopt some kind of trade rule, for this league, over the initial "No Trade" clause.

After his message was put up on the board, there was no input or feedback, of any kind, pro or con. After some conversations with ggyuppie, I think now is a good time to discuss it further, with everyone involved.

I realize the owners who picked high in the order will probably be reluctant to institute any trade clause, and on the other hand, the owners who picked near the bottom would be in favor of trading, due to needs in their rosters.

Since, we now have some time before the actual cards arrive, let's hear what you owners think, for or against, to see if we even need to vote on the subject.

My initial feelings toward "no trades unless they actually happened in real life" was, I agreed with it, just because it would be cleaner and more real, as to how it apply to the "Daily Game". But on further review, I would not be against it.

ycbill

PostSun Mar 25, 2018 12:15 pm

PADRES - Mini draft complete
12. ggyuppie (Brewers & Dbacks) - Eric Hosmer - Dinelson Lamet & Carlos Asuaje - Tyson Ross
7. Rynecrazy (Red Sox & Reds) - Jose Pirela & Brad Hand - Manuel Margot & Chase Headley

WHITE SOX - mini draft completed
11. Jabuending (Angels & Giants) - Jose Abreu - Tim Anderson SS & Matt Davidson DH - Avisail Garcia
1. drtripleB (Astros & Pirates) - Yoan Moncada & Luis Giolito - Wellington Castillo & Nate Jones

RANGERS - mini draft completed
10. Killermarc (Twins & Mariners) - Elvis Andrus - Andrew Cashner & Keone Kela - Joey Gallo
8. RICHARDGAGNON (Cards & Blue Jays) - Robinson Chirinos & Alex Claudio -Cole Hamels- Adrien Beltre

TIGERS - mini draft complete
9. ycbill (Rockies & A’s) - Miguel Cabrera - Victor Martinez and James McCann, Dixon Machado
3. CWitkowski (Dodgers & Royals) - Michael Fulmer, Jose Iglesias, Jeimer Candelario, Nicholas Castellanos

RAYS - mini draft complete
6. Rosie (Indians & Orioles) - Chris Archer - Wilson Ramos, Alex Colome, Carlos Gomez
2. Dutchfarley (Nats & Braves) - Kevin Keirmaier, Adeiney Hechavaria , Joey Wendle, Jake Faria

MARLINS - mini draft complete
5. Mrbaseballworld (Yanks & Phillies) - Lewis Brinson - JT Realmoto & Starlin Castro - Jose Urena
4. Jmtosi. (Cubs & Mets) - Barraclough & Bour - Chen & Dietrich

cwitkowski970

PostSun Mar 25, 2018 1:05 pm

When I signed up, I agreed with the no trade clause, figuring there was enough of a minor league system between 2.5 teams. Just as a real manager or GM would have to do, if a roster player got hurt, a minor leaguer of lesser quality would have to be called up.

However, having not played the daily game before and not being exactly sure how the cards work, trading would give managers more flexibility in case of injuries. For example, if a player gets injured in real life, is he still available to our SOM teams? Or, to use a case from my team, Justin Turner will miss the beginning of the MLB and SOM season. When he returns to MLB, does his SOM card use 2017 stats immediately or do I have to wait a bit before SOM makes him available?

So, with that, I'm more in favor of allowing trades than against, though still kind of on the fence. Plus, if some SOM managers have glaring gaps in their rosters, why not have the opportunity to bolster a team and make the league more competitive.

jabuending

PostSun Mar 25, 2018 1:35 pm

I think that since this is a "real-time" league, with values changing daily, that the trading of any players should be allowed. But since it is Glenn's league and he said, "No Trades", I am happy to go along with that.

I have not played DAILY before, so this will all be new to me. I'm hoping to have fun, BUT then I watched that HOT LINER smash Bumgartner's pitching hand on Friday, and I see at least 12 wins going into that cast they put on his hand.

Will I still be able to use him (even tho he is injured in real life) because I have a card for him???

I am anxious to see how this game works.

TRADE?/NO TRADE? - I leave that up to GLENN.

Jeff

ycbill

PostSun Mar 25, 2018 1:56 pm

I very rarely trade, but have no objection to allowing it. The ability to trade or not was not a consideration in my draft choices. It might be different for others.

ggyuppie

PostSun Mar 25, 2018 2:21 pm

I played Daily once last year, but I started my season in late June. At that point in the season, players who had played some in ‘17 but were at that point on DL had cards, but they had higher injury ratings, as high as 6. For pitchers, a 6 injury rating will inevitably lead to an injury, because every batter they face represents a chance for them to get injured, and all it takes is a roll of 6-6. Hitters are much less likely to get injured, they only have 4-5 plate appearances per game. And if I remember the super advanced rules correctly, for any player rated higher than 1 injury, it can be as long as 60 games.

I do not know whether players who begin the season on the DL are carded; I’m guessing they are, but that they come in with a 6 injury rating. DutchFarley has played the Daily game many times, he may know this one.

One of the things about a new concept is you never know all the nuances until you actually run it. And now I think trades would add another dimension to the already dynamic nature of the game, and can also be a leveler, so I propose a vote.

The proposed trade rule allows teams to trade players from their #1 and #2 franchises only.

It will take 6 yes votes from the 11 of you in order for us to adopt the rule.

jabuending

PostSun Mar 25, 2018 4:25 pm

I was going to sign a proxy vote over to you.............but it looks like you pulled a Jeff Sessions and recused yourself....

SO, I vote to add the trade rule from 1st two franchises only.

Jeff

rynecrazy

PostSun Mar 25, 2018 5:00 pm

jabuending wrote:I was going to sign a proxy vote over to you.............but it looks like you pulled a Jeff Sessions and recused yourself....

SO, I vote to add the trade rule from 1st two franchises only.

Jeff

I vote, YES, to the Commish's trade proposal as stated.

jmtosi

PostSun Mar 25, 2018 6:49 pm

I vote no to trading. Real life injuries don't impact your ability to play the card, they just increase the chances you'll get hit and from what I've seen in previous Dailies, SOM injuries are worse than the real life ones but we all went into this knowing that and 2 teams of players at your private disposal just means you'll put in a scrub...so what...happens all the time.
Jay M. Commissioner of The Original Staten Island roto league

RICHARDGAGNON

PostSun Mar 25, 2018 6:58 pm

Me i vote NO because last year i play in a daily league with team and i have boston and all the teams in a league make too much trades and the identited of the teams are gone!!!

VOTE NO
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily