Community - Get into the Card Discussions!

Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderator: BC15NY

• Author

ratioman2

Re: Community - Get into the Card Discussions!

PostSat Jul 09, 2016 10:31 am

While this is enormous fun to go through franchise history and pick cards that should be added, it's also a little demoralizing.
At the rate SOM is giving us, at most we get 5 cards per franchise PER YEAR, and only if they generate interest among the community.
It would be wonderful if we had a legitimate mandate to build up franchises with meaningful and representative cards, but we don't. We are forced to be very selective and then campaign for what we choose.

Valen

PostWed Aug 24, 2016 5:52 pm

Have not had a chance to read through everything so apologies if this has been answered.

Why with 50 new cards do we only have 10 new pitchers?

Rosie2167

PostWed Aug 24, 2016 6:18 pm

Valen wrote:Have not had a chance to read through everything so apologies if this has been answered.

Why with 50 new cards do we only have 10 new pitchers?

Hi Valen - There weren't any quota's for positions, ERAs. teams...for a reason. For the first run on this new process allowing the community to dictate the direction was important, especially with all the hard feelings that had built up over time. Now that we have that first wave of cards we can focus the future card adds in areas of need. If pitchers are identified as a place to improve then so be it.

Cheers
Rosie

mike4169

PostSun Aug 28, 2016 2:56 pm

Is there an ETA on the next batch?

mike4169

PostSun Aug 28, 2016 2:57 pm

ratioman2 wrote:While this is enormous fun to go through franchise history and pick cards that should be added, it's also a little demoralizing.
At the rate SOM is giving us, at most we get 5 cards per franchise PER YEAR, and only if they generate interest among the community.
It would be wonderful if we had a legitimate mandate to build up franchises with meaningful and representative cards, but we don't. We are forced to be very selective and then campaign for what we choose.

I think the answer to this is create an entirely new set called a franchise ATG set. That way the franchise people can control that set and everyone else can control the ATG set.

tcochran

PostMon Aug 29, 2016 10:33 am

mike4169 wrote:
ratioman2 wrote:While this is enormous fun to go through franchise history and pick cards that should be added, it's also a little demoralizing.

I think the answer to this is create an entirely new set called a franchise ATG set. That way the franchise people can control that set and everyone else can control the ATG set.

Another option would be an ATG Teams set, where they fill up the great teams in MLB history that are almost complete now and then add others so that league play could be done

nels52

PostSun Sep 11, 2016 5:23 pm

The difference between alot of these ideas and ATG seems too minimal. ATG 9 or whatsnot is what we need----repricing.

Let's add some great single seasons for underrepresented franchises: 2007 Rockies, 2003 Marlins, 1996 Indians, 2008 Rays,

george barnard

PostSat Oct 08, 2016 7:20 am

Can we get the process for the next 25 card addition STARTED?

Radagast Brown

PostFri Jan 20, 2017 5:09 pm

I don't understand why they can't add more players quicker, like maybe 32 a month,( 20 batters and 12 pitchers?). Or add hundreds of players four times a year.

I give them credit, ATG8 is a fabulous set, with lots of players to choose from. And I know they are a small company but it seems like it would be worth it to them to pay someone to add players like every month, at least... People would constantly be checking the new players and want to try them, it seems like a win win for them and the customers.

What am I missing that is so hard?
In fact they could add tons of those 60s,70s,80s and 90s cards that they already have images of from the Mystery and other online sets.

pbebus

PostThu Jan 26, 2017 7:31 pm

First off, I want to give SOM a lot of credit for coming up with all of this. I just signed up last fall and it's been a lot of fun. But being a Minnesotan, I've noticed some glaring misses in the ATG8 selection. No Justin Morneau? The guy won the MVP in '06 and came in second in '08. No Torii Hunter? IMHO he will get HOF votes. Not sure he'll get in, but he was certainly no slouch. There are others I'd like, but I'll leave it at that since it sounds like getting new cards is difficult.
PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions