Dumbest part of the game

All Football 365 talk goes here!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Whoopycat

Dumbest part of the game

PostWed Oct 06, 2021 9:15 pm

I'm tired of my players getting injured simply for having a good game. One of my wideouts catches 7 passes, then boom, doubtful for the next game due to overuse. Week 1 and 2 I scored 75 points and then I had 5 players doubtful for week 3.
You get penalized for success. Tight ends, forget about it. My last team I tried to run a 2 TE offense but if one of them caught 5 passes they were hurt the next week so I had to pick a different offense. I get that a guy with real life 120 carries shouldn't have 250 for the season but come on.

Whoopycat

Re: Dumbest part of the game

PostThu Oct 07, 2021 7:54 am

Also, a lot of these guys played 12-14 game seasons and I believe we calculate overuse on a 16 game pace. If they changed the overusage calculation to a 12 game basis it would help a lot.

Radagast Brown

PostWed Dec 01, 2021 6:31 pm

It is dumb. They have the settings wrong. And they have over usage rules in place. Unlike the baseball game which doesn't limit players based on usage. It's not only dumb, it is confusing. And by the way, you are absolutely correct, many times players aren't available simply because they had a big game and have bumped up against the over usage rules.

By the way I know all of this because I have been playing the computer game for almost 20 years. I know exactly what rules and options they are using and it could easily be fixed.

Whoopycat

PostThu Dec 23, 2021 2:19 pm

Next dumbest part of the game... penalties.

I feel like there are too many, but even then there are some dumb ones.

I've had multiple "mandatory penalty for 0 yards" on the other team that wiped out a good play for my team. Has anyone ever heard of a zero yard mandatory penalty in any football game ever? I can't even conceive of what that is.

Then there is HAL's logic. Last night, I made a field goal from my opponents 25. There was a penalty on my opponent that would've put me 1st & 10 at my opponents 12 yard line. HAL declined the penalty. A real NFL coach would've been run out of town for that.

Larryrickenbacker

PostMon Feb 27, 2023 11:05 am

Whoopycat wrote:Next dumbest part of the game... penalties.

I feel like there are too many, but even then there are some dumb ones.

I've had multiple "mandatory penalty for 0 yards" on the other team that wiped out a good play for my team. Has anyone ever heard of a zero yard mandatory penalty in any football game ever? I can't even conceive of what that is.

Then there is HAL's logic. Last night, I made a field goal from my opponents 25. There was a penalty on my opponent that would've put me 1st & 10 at my opponents 12 yard line. HAL declined the penalty. A real NFL coach would've been run out of town for that.

Hal's logic follows conventional wisdom of never taking points off the board. Now if your team were behind by two scores or perhaps it's shortly before half-time or even very late in the 4th and your team trails by more than 3, that assessment could change. Hal still followed conventional wisdom.

Delonost19784

PostTue May 02, 2023 2:47 am

i will try to figure it out for more

Return to Strat-O-Matic Football 365