what's the record ?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Big Fred Whitfield

what's the record ?

PostMon Jul 01, 2024 8:14 am

making the playoffs in 12 or 24 team league isn't smooth sailing....obviously skill, luck, injuries, slumps

just curious.....

my team lead the league in Runs, HRs (by almost 100), RBIs, Slug %, and OPS, but due to my SPs (and RPs) getting mercilessly torched (more than their cards deserved), i finished with only +2 run differential during regular season

a 4-1 run over 5 final games, and 12-4 run over the last 16, helped them sneak into playoffs by one game...then, a 3-2 deficit in semis was with mercy overcome (HAL was on vacation), and overcoming a 1-0 deficit in finals, somehow they won the championship in 6 game (HAL was on the way to the stadium but got blocked by traffic lol)

my question is, for your own teams or any you've seen, what is the worst run differential for any championship squad ?

any negative differentials ?

just curious if +2 was some kind of record (probably not, knowing harold)

thanx for playing

barrmorris

Re: what's the record ?

PostMon Jul 01, 2024 9:51 am

My records:

Best differential to miss playoffs: +172 (team won 89 games)

Worst differential to make playoffs -157 (team won 86 games): This was a mystery card team and they can change throughout the season so probably shouldn't be considered in this. My next worse differential to make playoffs was -52 (team won 88 games).

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx