How Bad Can You Be?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

alk58

Re: How Bad Can You Be?

PostSun Dec 28, 2014 9:56 pm

Apropo to nothing I still get off on a leadoff Walk SB SAC SF better than Sex :twisted:
Please send all PM's to allank58@gmail.com

J-Pav

PostSun Dec 28, 2014 10:01 pm

Well guys we really have a thread on fire!

I'd like to think it's the interesting topic, but unfortunately I think we have another Ratings Guide Curse thread here. A few people are having a relevant discussion, and everyone else is here just to watch Delta Bravo Jason L. Strether throw up all over himself.

What a trainwreck.

I hope the guy that pm'd me about using Delta Bravo's posts in the class about open internet forum management is advancing the field. SOM could sure stand to learn a few things from this.

Badjam, thanks for trying to have a dialogue. Trust me when I tell you, just shut him down now. User Control Panel - follow the prompts. Everyone else who does the same will be glad they did.

l.strether

PostSun Dec 28, 2014 10:03 pm

J-Pav wrote:What a trainwreck.

J-Pav's self descriptions just get more and more precious. He keeps erroneously complaining about me and saying more nasty things about me, while he keeps posting troll-posts like the one above. I guess the beeps and noises from Electronic Battleship are still rattling around his poor brain... ;)
Last edited by l.strether on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alk58

PostSun Dec 28, 2014 10:08 pm

Trust me when I tell you, just shut him down now. User Control Panel - follow the prompts. Everyone else who does the same will be glad they did.

I don't agree with that and I don't agree with everything I.Stether says but for some reason we agree or not without any of the other shit I don't know what u guys argue over way over my stoned head I love talking strat-o have for 45 years I choose not to use any punctuation's :roll:

alk58

PostSun Dec 28, 2014 10:12 pm

Ratings Guide

I have never seen a ratings guide. What advantage is that to just looking at the cards?

l.strether

PostSun Dec 28, 2014 10:13 pm

Yes, let's talk SOM. We' discussed earlier what would be the factors involved in a manager's team's failure or success.
I would go with these.
1. Player Evaluation
2. Drafting Ability
3. Matching team to park
4. Matching players with compatible players
5. Team/Hitters/Pitchers Settings skills
6. Lineup Skills
7. Team Strategy.

If anyone can add to these, we can start a good discussion on the original subject and quiet down the drama.

l.strether

PostSun Dec 28, 2014 10:15 pm

alk58 wrote:
Ratings Guide

I have never seen a ratings guide. What advantage is that to just looking at the cards?

I have never seen a ratings guide either, and there has been much contention on what they actually do for managers. To my second-hand knowledge, they tell managers exactly what results they can expect from each card. Considering player card evaluation is such a significant part of SOM play, I have always considered this help to be huge. Others have downplayed it. I would be curious to hear from someone who uses one what they think it actually does for them.

Badjam

PostSun Dec 28, 2014 10:16 pm

stether, bottom line. You had no clue what J-Pav was saying in his two word reply of target destroyed. I did. I've explained how I got there and it seems to be beyond your realm of understanding. You should not need to be spoon fed simple forum communication. This might be part of your lack of understanding with other community members. I no longer have you on foe status. I admit, you are knowledgeable in areas. You just need to figure out a way to mix your knowledge in instead of trying to be dominant.

You have a lot to offer but holy cow, can't you just step back and admit we are a community team and you are limited to your area and let others share their experiences in their area?

alk58

PostSun Dec 28, 2014 10:20 pm

l.strether wrote:Yes, let's talk SOM. We' discussed earlier what would be the factors involved in a manager's team's failure or success.
I would go with these.
1. Player Evaluation
I spend the most time on this
2. Drafting Ability
Seems more important in keeper leagues.
3. Matching team to park
Sometimes hard to do with HAL, I find it easier to match a pitching staff to a park when HAL drafting
4. Matching players with compatible players
5. Team/Hitters/Pitchers Settings skills
6. Lineup Skills
Very Important
7. Team Strategy.
Especially if you adjust from series to series

If anyone can add to these, we can start a good discussion on the original subject and quiet down the drama.

l.strether

PostSun Dec 28, 2014 10:23 pm

Badjam wrote:stether, bottom line. You had no clue what J-Pav was saying in his two word reply of target destroyed. I did. I've explained how I got there and it seems to be beyond your realm of understanding.

Bottom line, I didn't know what he was saying and neither did you. If you two have a special vernacular that allows you to understand what everyone else says, fine. However, you can't criticize me--as you erroneously did--for not getting your special language and not knowing what he meant. You also can't say something meant something objectively within a language unless you show how within the rules of that language. You haven't done so yet. My asking you to prove it wasn't asking to be "spoonfed." It was asking you to prove your point, which you haven't done.

So, we'll agree you got his "special meaning" but it did not mean that in proper English, and nobody speaking proper English can be expected to agree with you. That's fine with me, and we can move on.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx