One day off - how?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

jfehlhaber

One day off - how?

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 6:18 pm

First time playing SOM Online. My question is: if I have a guy who has played almost every game, and I'd like to give him a single game off to rest, how do I do that within the confines of what I have control over? I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't seem to find it. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

coyote303

Re: One day off - how?

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 7:44 pm

jfehlhaber wrote:First time playing SOM Online. My question is: if I have a guy who has played almost every game, and I'd like to give him a single game off to rest, how do I do that within the confines of what I have control over? I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't seem to find it. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

The only way to do this is to see who the opponent is starting at pitcher. If he is starting one left-handed pitcher, for example, you could take your player out of your against-LHP lineup. There is no way to do it if your opponent is starting either all righties or all lefties.

That being said, there is no advantage in giving him a day off. There is no fatigue for position players.

ClowntimeIsOver

Re: One day off - how?

PostSat Oct 20, 2012 8:33 pm

jfehlhaber, there are lots of differences with the online version -- as noted above, position players have no fatigue (but of course the more they play, the more chances there are to get injured, for most players -- but that doesn't affect how they "play," just how often)

if you were unaware of this, there are probably a few more online variations you should know about to have the best strategy -- maybe someone reading this would describe a few?

(one that comes to mind is the unwritten rule that both the catchers on your roster can't be injured at the same time, unless they appeared together in the same opening lineup, and that exception is a rare fluke -- so, in other words, it's never necessary to have 3 cathcers on your roster, no matter how injury-prone the two you've got are)

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx