Need Help With SOM PC Game

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

jagman2882

Need Help With SOM PC Game

PostSat Oct 27, 2012 2:51 pm

All,

Just purchased the SOM PC game but am having some serious problems. When I attempt to create a league there are no players available for me to put on the teams. What am I missing? Also when I click on any of the help icons, none of them work.

Thanks

travelingjack

Re: Need Help With SOM PC Game

PostSun Oct 28, 2012 10:14 am

Not sure if the board moderators will leave this up since you are only supposed to talk about the online game here, but it's the same company now so...

Once you create a league you have to go to the "update league" menu and configure the league's setup. There is a lot involved and to be honest it's fairly intimidating for a newbie (or even experienced players for that matter). Your best bet might be to use the "duplicate league" function from the League menu. If you have a league highlighted then click duplicate league it will copy that league and you can then make changes by using the "update league" function.

To move players you just left click on a player and move him to a different team or the free agent list. From the Team menu you can use the "update team" function to change team names, etc. The Player menu has some options to create your own players etc.

The Help menu near the top of the SOM page has the full help page, use the index to find specific stuff. Also has a faq section. Also you might want to try the SOM forums http://www.stratfanforum.com/forums/for ... ay.php?f=6.

coyote303

PostSun Oct 28, 2012 12:15 pm

Good info from TJ above. I haven't played the CD-ROM version for years, but I seem to remember there was an option to release all players to free agency if you are looking to start forming teams from scratch.

jagman2882

PostMon Oct 29, 2012 6:51 pm

Thanks for the help, got it to work. It would be nice if SOM updated the interface of the game, it's about 20x more complicated then it needs to be

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx