Who starts?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

DARRELLPICKELL

Who starts?

PostFri Nov 02, 2012 9:15 am

I remember reading this before.... but for the first time it has happened to me... I have five man rotation... the only starters I have... one is injured when his turn comes up... who does Hal start in his place? If I don't like that choice, is there any way around Hal doing that?

Thanks for helping...

visick

Re: Who starts?

PostFri Nov 02, 2012 9:33 am

HAL will most likely use your best, most expensive RP.

There's no way around it.

visick

DARRELLPICKELL

PostFri Nov 02, 2012 9:37 am

Thanks...

Great Unwashed

PostFri Nov 02, 2012 1:20 pm

Vsick is right that there's no way to alter HAL's choice, but, in case you're curious, the method of choosing seems to be more complicated. I have a team with a 5 man rotation that had two starters down at the same time. The first pitcher used was Michael Stutes, my 3rd most expensive reliever, the second was Ramon Ramirez, the most expensive reliever and closer. Earlier in the season there was also an injury to one starter, and Stutes was chosen then, too.

Based on HAL's actions, the best theory I can come up with is that it chooses the most expemsive reliever from those that have the longest endurance that aren't closers, then the most expensive from the logest endurance that are closers. Seems pretty arcane, but if you can come up with a better theory let me know. Here's a link to the team. http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/team/808972

Here's the schedule. Because of injuries Stutes started 16 & 64, Ramirez 65. http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/te ... ule/808972

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx