Season 2012 fielding ranking previews

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Roscodog

Re: Season 2012 fielding ranking previews

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 12:11 pm

Signed onto twitter today briefly just so I could see the ratings, couldn't seem to find them. Guess I just didn't know what I was doing. Long story short, got annoyed deleted twitter account. Will wait until the ratings just come out next week.

On a side note I have the same amount of twitter followers as Jesus did. =0 ;)

Roscodog

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 12:15 pm

Also why is it that everything has to be facebook and twitter all the time. I was on facebook for a while quit about 4 years ago out of annoyance. People that I wouldn't even say hi to in person if I saw them adding me as a friend. So not to be rude I would just accept and delete them, they already had 4000 some odd friends anyways. Why do I want to hear how much you enjoyed your turkey sandwich, or that you "like" ice cream. :roll:

fredpaii

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 1:23 pm

Roscodog wrote:Signed onto twitter today briefly just so I could see the ratings, couldn't seem to find them. Guess I just didn't know what I was doing. Long story short, got annoyed deleted twitter account. Will wait until the ratings just come out next week.

On a side note I have the same amount of twitter followers as Jesus did. =0 ;)

I'm in the same boat generally speaking (not a huge fan of twitter or facebook or myspace for that matter). We probably need a support group.

geekor

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 1:39 pm

I know this is an older crowd, and I don't use twitter myself. But you have to understand, it's a free cheap way to grow your business.

Posting on the forums preach to the converted. If you tweet it, and it gets re-tweeted a bunch of times, it's essentially free advertising. It's more of a hassle for the company to tweet it as well (though not much), but it's better to start it now and get it rolling to hopefully get some good free advertising.

If they were really doing it well though, they would post some of the MLB player who use twitter all the time and hopefully get them to re-tweet it. Get someone with a ton of followers to re-tweet it = instant advertising!

gbrookes

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 5:45 pm

What's Strat's twitter account?

BTW, you can look up past tweets for anyone or any company on twitter - unless they deleted the tweets after they tweeted them.

I am on twitter. I'll look for strat but if anyone can just tell me what their twitter account is that would be great.

Ninersphan

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 5:50 pm

gbrookes wrote:What's Strat's twitter account?

BTW, you can look up past tweets for anyone or any company on twitter - unless they deleted the tweets after they tweeted them.

I am on twitter. I'll look for strat but if anyone can just tell me what their twitter account is that would be great.

http://twitter.com/StratOMatic

gbrookes

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 5:58 pm

^^^NVM - I found it!

Thanks ninersphan anyway!

Here are a bunch of the tweets copied and pasted:
Quoting: "

As always, the full Baseball Range Ratings Preview will be available for download at http://www.strat-o-matic.com in mid-December.

WASHINGTON: First-time All-Star Ian Desmond earns a 2 at SS. Perennial 1-rated 3B Ryan Zimmerman drops to a 2 this year. #bbratings12

SAN FRANCISCO: For the World Series Champs—Angel Pagan improves to a 2 in CF, while Hunter Pence drops to a 3 in RF. #bbratings12

SAN DIEGO: Will Venable receives a 2B3 in LF and in CF. Venable receives a straight 2 in RF. Yonder Alonso gets a 4 at 1B. #bbratings12

ST. LOUIS: Carlos Beltran falls to a 3B4 (3 Advanced Game, 4 Basic) in RF & CF. Allen Craig gets a 4 rating at 1B, LF and RF. #bbratings12

PITTSBURGH: Pedro Alvarez a 3B4 (3 Advanced, 4 Basic) at third base. MVP third place finisher Andrew McCutchen earns a 1 in CF #bbratings12

PHILADELPHIA: Chase Utley and Jimmy Rollins keep their ratings from last year. Utley a 2 at 2B, Rollins a 1 at SS. #bbratings12

NYM: Ike Davis drops to a 3 at 1B this year. Daniel Murphy gets a 4 at 2B and a 3 at 1B. #bbratings12

MILWAUKEE: Corey Hart gets a 3 in first base and in right field. Rickie Weeks gets a 4 at second base. #bbratings12

MIAMI: Carlos Lee gets a 4 at 1B (first season where he has played no LF), Giancarlo Stanton a 3 in RF. #bbratings12

LAD: Adrian Gonzalez keep his 1 at 1B. Shane Victorino (now with Boston) falls to a 2 in CF and also is a 2 in LF (no LF rating last year)

HOUSTON: Jed Lowrie gets a 4 at SS, while Jordan Schafer is a 2 in CF. #bbratings12

COLORADO: Rookie Josh Rutledge gets a 3 at 2B and SS. Dexter Fowler maintains his 2 rating in CF. #bbratings12

CINCINNATI: Jay Bruce scores a 1 in RF for the third straight year. Joey Votto is a 1B2 at first base (1 Advanced, 2 Basic). #bbratings12

CHICAGO (NL): The young slugger Anthony Rizzo gets a 2 at 1B, while Darwin Barney earns his first 1 at 2B. #bbratings12

ATLANTA: In his last MLB season, Chipper Jones gets a 4 at 3B. Teammate Dan Uggla gets a 4B3 (4 Advanced, 3 Basic Game) at second base.

ARIZONA: Paul Goldschmidt and Miguel Montero both have their ratings bumped up from last year. Goldschmidt now a 2 at 1B, Montero a 2 at C.

Quick correction to Edwin Encarnacion's rating... he is a 3 at first base, and a 4 at third base/left field. He does not have a rating in RF

TORONTO: Kelly Johnson moves up to a 3 at 2B.

TEXAS: Nelson Cruz- a 3 in LF and RF. Michael Young maintains his 4 at 3B, but falls to a 5 at 1B, 2B and SS. #bbratings12

TAMPA BAY: Carlos Pena is a 2 at 1B, while BJ Upton (now a member of the Atlanta Braves) receives a 2 for his play in CF. #bbratings12

SEATTLE: Slick-fielding Brendan Ryan gets a 1 at SS. Michael Saunders receives a 2 rating in LF/CF/RF. #bbratings12

OAKLAND: Rookie standout Yoenis Cespedes gets a 2 in LF and a 3 in CF. The recently-traded Cliff Pennington gets a 2 at 2B & SS #bbratings12

NYY: A-Rod is a 3 at the hot corner. Playoff hero Raul Ibanez (at least for his bat!) is a 5B4 in LF and RF.

MINNESOTA: Denard Span notches a 2 in CF. Josh Willingham a 5B4 in LF.

LAA: AL ROY and MVP runner-up Mike Trout earns a 1 at all three OF positions. Kendrys Morales gets a 3 at 1B. #bbratings12

KANSAS CITY: Eric Hosmer gets a 2 at first base and a 5 in right field. Billy Butler is a 5 at first base.

Kotchman is a 1 in the Advanced Game at first base and a 2 in the Basic Game at first. Kipnis is a 3 in Adv. Game, 2 in Basic

DETROIT: Quintin Berry = 2 in LF/CF/RF. Jhonny Peralta = 4B3 at SS.

CLEVELAND: Casey Kotchman earns a 1B2 at first base. Jason Kipnis a 3B2 at second base.

CHICAGO (AL): Alexei Ramirez drops from a 1 to a 2 at SS this year. Alex Rios is a 2 in RF.

BOSTON: Rookie Will Middlebrooks gets a 3 at 3B. Cody Ross receives the following ratings in the OF spots: LF- 3, CF- 4B3, RF- 3B2

BALTIMORE: JJ Hardy gets a 1 at SS, Mark Reynolds a 3 at 1B and a 5 at 3B.

Roscodog

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 8:07 pm

thanks for posting all those. Much appreciated.

rburgh

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 12:55 pm

These tweets are much ado about nothing. They give you two guys per team, and often they're guys you expected to be bad fielders, and they are. Anyone out there think Raul Ibanez was going to be a 2 in LF?

The Biomechanical Man

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 12:30 am

gbrookes,
Thanks a lot for posting the info. Like others, I'm not into twitter.

geekor,
I'm sure you make valid points, but the only thing I ever notice on your posts is your GIF video. :roll:
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx