All Quiet on the Western and Eastern front

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Eddie E

All Quiet on the Western and Eastern front

PostFri May 12, 2023 6:12 am

It's been almost two days since anyone posted new content here. The past couple years have been a desert of postings. It wasnt that long ago that people were posting questions, new theme league ideas, commentary on the cards and strategy. This used to be a fun go to spot for my Stratomatic fix.

Stoney18

Re: All Quiet on the Western and Eastern front

PostFri May 12, 2023 9:15 am

Definitely changed from a few years ago. I learned so much from the experts when I first started.

Eddie E

PostFri May 12, 2023 12:34 pm

I agree, it used to be a bunch of guys presenting strategy theories like JPav, other guys who offered help with questions, other guys putting out theme leagues and in general you could go to the boards every day and read some entertaining and informative info. Now it feels like a ghost town.

milleram

PostFri May 12, 2023 6:01 pm

I agree 100%

The reason the boards mostly died was argumentative people and hackers getting in to much.

I remember 2 or three years ago trying to start a thread about the 40-60 split of salaries for Pitching/hitting that J-Pav wrote extensively about--and suggested it may have gone to a more 45-55 or even 50-50 split generally (with 20XX post 2017) with the seemingly price changes--4 inning SP/ lower usage-of RP / 2 role limit etc.

I didn't even get a reply.

J-Pav

PostFri May 12, 2023 7:42 pm

Honestly, I almost always have a conversation starter ready to go that I think would engage a lot of managers. However, between the retards, fictional personas and other objectionable idiots that lurk about here, I just don’t have the energy or enthusiasm that I once did. It is almost as if good topics are purposefully targeted for destruction. Which keeps people from posting genuinely thoughtful replies. Which keeps topics from ever even being generated. Cycle complete.

Truth be told, I’m mustering everything I have just to keep playing “one more team.”

Stoney18

PostFri May 12, 2023 10:07 pm

Jpav, I agree. As one that learned from you and your generation of thought leaders, I saw where the toxic people who would challenge you because in one league they were 4-2 against you. That proved nothing.

I've won a Tour Championship and have a positive win percentage overall but would not consider myself one of the thought leaders in this area. I've learned from the best but would not consider myself the best.

I thank you for your, and others contribution but don't think I can provide the insight that you and your peers provided. I truly miss your contribution to this group.

Jerlins

PostSun May 14, 2023 2:16 pm

Also miss the J-Pav strategy threads. As a former contributor I hadn't experienced any negative replies, but that was years ago. So much learned from others, it's too bad it hasn't continued. But yes, it had gotten ugly compliments of a select few.

the splinter

PostMon May 15, 2023 9:48 am

“Definitely changed from a few years ago. I learned so much from the experts when I first started.”

Stoney….enter your team in The Voyage. I’m there ready to teach you a thing or two!

Palmtana

PostMon May 15, 2023 11:48 am

It was 2015 when there was a lot of contention in this forum. That's a long time ago on which to blame its inactivity now. That said, I have no explanation.

Bballexec

PostMon May 15, 2023 10:25 pm

milleram wrote:I remember 2 or three years ago trying to start a thread about the 40-60 split of salaries for Pitching/hitting that J-Pav wrote extensively about--and suggested it may have gone to a more 45-55 or even 50-50 split generally (with 20XX post 2017) with the seemingly price changes--4 inning SP/ lower usage-of RP / 2 role limit etc.

Milleram, I would be interested in knowing your thoughts about how the split might have changed. I have only been here a little over three years.

I have taken to following the ATG Forum, because there seems to be more discussions there. Even played a few ATG9 leagues.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx