All Quiet on the Western and Eastern front

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

milleram

Re: All Quiet on the Western and Eastern front

PostTue May 16, 2023 4:16 pm

Bballexec wrote:
Milleram, I would be interested in knowing your thoughts about how the split might have changed. I have only been here a little over three years.

I have taken to following the ATG Forum, because there seems to be more discussions there. Even played a few ATG9 leagues.

For context you need to go through old posts--most of what we are talking about was posted in strategy section years ago, Go to Strategy section and look for anything JPav posted as he is/was a wealth of good info, especially for newer managers.

I hope this link works---a lot of this was posted when sporting news ran the site post 2013 and I suspect a lot of it, or links within it may not work anymore.

https://forum-365.strat-o-matic.com/com ... 92bd03ef16

In short there was a secret formula--and at that time there was a discussion for each 20xx season--it was basically a 60% hitting and 40% pitching money wise--but it went deeper than that. It was not just the percentages but the distribution of funds for expensive and cheaper players.

Of course being green at the time--I ate it up, but would post a team that didn't conform to the distribution that was successful or something stupid--but these posts are correct in their overall points.

When 20XX went to 4 inning SP, 2 reliever roles. no 4 game rest starters -- I stated spending more overall on pitching in general (This season, so far, I feel is more the classic 60/40 split--as opposed to the preceding 3 or 4 seasons.)

The most important aspect to me with single seasons (lower player pool), regardless of how you spend, is to get your share of value guys for the money, not necessarily the most expensive players. Usually there are a hand full of underpriced players, or players that are good at a position that does not have depth in the league.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx