does anybody .... ?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Big Fred Whitfield

does anybody .... ?

PostTue Jun 25, 2024 12:38 pm

...experience this ?

I have 4 teams currently ongoing....3 in regular season....

doing well overall, not complaining (ha, bet some peeps disagree), but, it seems this happens like clockwork

I know with many teams, many games, etc...it's different than even a MLB franchise...they get one season per year, and even if they were around at the turn of the 20th century's 'modern' era, they arguably only have 120 seasons to draw from

so, it's understandable that with playing a lot of virtual teams, a SOM GM will eclipse that 120 mark in only a few years, if he plays regularly and drafts a bunch of teams each year

and then, it stands to reason that more anomalies than normal will occur, (normal being a regular MLB franchise with those amount of seasons above)

so, these comments already understand that

but, do you guys ever experience this ?

HAL just bullseyes bird craps ALL of your teams any given day, and you lose like 9-11 or like that, and the part that frosts my behind the most, is when like today, I've played (seen) 9 games (all 3 regular season teams, I'm afraid to watch game 5 of my 2-2 tied semifinal for more HAL hate), and in those 9 games, this is what happened (and what I'm alluding to)

to balance the standings, and overall runs scored vs runs against, HAL always lets my team sneak in a win or two, and in those wins, it's like a totally unnecessary rout, and he lets my team score (usually upwards of 10 runs, today only 6 or 7) in those games, and like today, in the other 7 games, he lets my teams (cumulative) score a total of 6 (insert expletive of choice) runs.....these teams aren't bad offenses at all, usually in the top few or even best in the leagues (per runs scored)

so it's like HAL throws a bone, tries to even out the overall score differentials, etc, but basically just ramrods my teams that day

I'd almost prefer getting waxed 9-0 (for 3 teams) and not scoring dick (Palmtana, that's a dude's name, hope it doesn't break forum rules, haha).....to HAL's lame attempt at pacifying an otherwise across the board blitzkrieg against my squads

I might be the only one whining, but does this happen to others ?.....the scenarios above ?

my behind hasn't even defrosted yet, and I'm tempted to wait until tomorrow to watch that pivotal game 5 playoff match, cause I know HAL is on the warpath today

ok, 7-9 lost and only scoring 6 cumulative runs in the losses, with good offenses and not facing Sandy Koufax's, just gets tiring

I don't need to get off the soap box, it's already cracking under my depression ;- /

Steve565656

Re: does anybody .... ?

PostMon Jul 01, 2024 7:24 pm

yes,

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx