Platoon PH an IF for an OF?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

jcanzo

Platoon PH an IF for an OF?

PostWed Jul 17, 2024 8:04 pm

Hey everyone,

I have a question about the Platoon PH feature in SOM 365.

I have a LF who is a 6R. I don't want him to hit vs lefties.

I would like to have an infielder hit for him when a lefty comes in (he's 2B-SS-3B eligible), and then have the pinch hitter go play 2b and have my 2b who is already in the game go play LF. The 2b already in the game is LF eligible.

Since this bench PH infielder is not LF eligible, I cannot choose him as a platoon PH.

Is there a way to tell Hal to make this happen? This is a common occurrence in the MLB, and it should be a feature in SOM 365.

Right now the only thing I seem to be able to do is to check the "Avoid LHP" box for my LF who is a 6R and then hope Hal makes the adjustments I'd like to happen.

Good luck to all,
Joe!

Big Fred Whitfield

Re: Platoon PH an IF for an OF?

PostWed Jul 17, 2024 8:26 pm

pretty sure the only way is hope

the only way your bench guy will pinch hit for a specific player (not just set as LHB or RHB pinch hitter) is to make him the direct platoon mate.....and if he doesnt play the same position as that guy, you cant do that

you can set your in game (starter) 2B to be the LF platoon mate (if as you say he plays LF also), and maybe can set your bench guy to be the 2B platoon mate.....if that would result in the changes you're looking for, I think that would work

but Im not experienced enough with 365 to know for sure, just my best guess

the one thing I can say from experience, is I had one guy eligible at 1b and an OF position, and set him to play both positions (one for each against LHP and RHP), and thought that would work, with two platoon mates for each side....but it resulted in that good player getting taken out of the game, rather than moving to the position I'd want him to, so that brilliant strategy died rather quickly lol

good luck, update if you're able to figure it out a way it works ;- )

jcanzo

PostWed Jul 17, 2024 8:33 pm

Hey thanks for that recommendation (setting the 2B starter as the LF platoon mate) ... maybe that'll work.

I'll post results...

jcanzo

PostThu Jul 18, 2024 6:38 am

Haven't set that up yet.
Right now, the compromise I'm making is to move that LF to DH and platoon with the IF.
Hurts me defensively because I have to put a weaker glove in LF, but at least it gets me the L/R bat platoon I want in the lineup.

I'd be interested in hearing from others...

Big Fred Whitfield

PostFri Jul 19, 2024 11:45 am

oh, i didnt play in DH league, so that probably creates more options

good luck

elpasopesos

PostSat Jul 27, 2024 11:58 pm

jcanzo wrote:Hey everyone,

I have a question about the Platoon PH feature in SOM 365.

I have a LF who is a 6R. I don't want him to hit vs lefties.

I would like to have an infielder hit for him when a lefty comes in (he's 2B-SS-3B eligible), and then have the pinch hitter go play 2b and have my 2b who is already in the game go play LF. The 2b already in the game is LF eligible.

Since this bench PH infielder is not LF eligible, I cannot choose him as a platoon PH.

Is there a way to tell Hal to make this happen? This is a common occurrence in the MLB, and it should be a feature in SOM 365.

Right now the only thing I seem to be able to do is to check the "Avoid LHP" box for my LF who is a 6R and then hope Hal makes the adjustments I'd like to happen.

Good luck to all,
Joe!

I suggest the following: on your hitter preferences mark your LF avoid LH and have the do not ph vs LH blank. Set ypur 2b guy as ph vs LH on your team strategy. This should make it clear that you want your 2b guy to ph for your LF. Hal will make the defensive moves after that. Make sure you have the defensive guy you want in LF as a back up. Try that.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx