"Open to all owners with...or less championships"?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Outta Leftfield

"Open to all owners with...or less championships"?

PostTue May 07, 2024 8:51 am

The particular league I'm looking at is open to owners with 20 or less championships.

Why 20? I can understand 0 championships, to give one manager a certain chance of winning. But why, specifically, 20?

One problem with this "limit on championships" approach is that it makes a league harder to fill. The players who enter the most ATG leagues are the veteran managers who somehow just can't stop playing ATG. And most of those owners, many of whom have been around for perhaps a decade or more, have won 20 or more championships. Plus, they bring veteran skills into a league, which less experienced players can observe and learn from.

This particular league with the 20 ring limit has been sitting half filled for a couple of weeks or more. I like the league's premise, and I would have joined it by now except for the limit. If it and similar leagues were open to all owners, they would fill a lot faster.

leeroyjenkins

Re: "Open to all owners with...or less championships"?

PostTue May 07, 2024 7:13 pm

Not only that, but if they think they're really only playing against people with 20 or less rings, they're fooling themselves.

Salty

PostWed May 08, 2024 10:43 am

leeroyjenkins wrote:Not only that, but if they think they're really only playing against people with 20 or less rings, they're fooling themselves.

Yup-
so many alternate accounts.

LeGrandeOrange

PostFri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

Guys, check out the thread “League champion restrictions with high win % ???”

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats