A Heads Up In Case This Owner Is In Any Of Your Leagues

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

leeroyjenkins

A Heads Up In Case This Owner Is In Any Of Your Leagues

PostWed Jul 24, 2024 6:25 pm

I'm part of a theme league that started a couple of weeks ago. The league went south because one owner (PHOBO) decided to disregard the theme rules and it pretty much threw everything into chaos. It was very intentional on his part, so there was no point in wondering if it was an accident or anything. He disregarded league emails and continuously put his team in violation of league rules even after the league commissioner made forced drops on his team.

Eventually SOM had to intervene and in the fallout we ended up with two different teams being run as bots by Strat.

I was just going to join another league when I saw this owner had already joined, so I backed out.

I dislike tattletaling, but I also appreciate this game and this community to not give others a heads up about the guy. If Phobo joins your league, I suggest you keep him on a short leash.

Palmtana

Re: A Heads Up In Case This Owner Is In Any Of Your Leagues

awesomepossum

PostWed Jul 24, 2024 10:25 pm

Time to activate SOM's black ops team!

hackra

PostThu Jul 25, 2024 12:34 am

Odd - the guy has only had 80 teams completed, but has been around since ATG1

Palmtana

PostThu Jul 25, 2024 2:17 am

What I don't get is why would he, other than being a knucklehead, create 5 "Random" ATG8 Auto Leagues?

I don't play ATG. In 20XX, a new Auto League is automatically generated only when the previous one fills. Can managers in ATG create their own Auto Leagues?

MaxPower

PostThu Jul 25, 2024 2:43 am

I think you always have the option to create a new auto-league even if an unfilled one exists? If not, then the workaround would be to simply join the existing auto-league (which you could obviously only do once) and then keep creating new ones.

mighty moose

PostFri Jul 26, 2024 6:42 pm

And besides being a knuckelehead, what damage can he do in an autoleague ? There are no rules to violate, nothing he can do to cheat. Unless it's the normal salary dumping that we see a lot. That wouldn't earn him any credits either. Theme creators just need to act quickly when they see someone not conforming to published rules. And yes, use private leagues and spell out the rules.

leeroyjenkins

PostWed Jul 31, 2024 11:35 am

To answer your question, an owner taking a dive and sabotaging his team (something that wouldn't make any sense to do, but he did it in our league when he knew the jig was up) can screw up the balance of a whole league, auto league or not.

mighty moose

PostThu Aug 01, 2024 3:19 pm

Oh he's doing that too ? That's something more to report to SOM about which could lead to a more permanent banning for the individual. And of course if the tanking happens, it can be reported to SOM to get control of that team removed, the team put under control of SOM and bolstered to make it competitive again. Some people just have money to throw away. :cry: But getting his teams yanked from him, I would assume he would eventually get tired of that.

mighty moose

PostThu Aug 01, 2024 5:07 pm

Post the link to the team(s) he is tanking in and I will report it to my contact. Or in ANY league he is in where action needs to be taken. We need to go to the mound and ask for the ball.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats