Are Division Assignments TRULY Random?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

mighty moose

Re: Are Division Assignments TRULY Random?

PostMon Aug 19, 2024 9:33 pm

Bunze0 wrote:my 2023 barnstormer i had some pretty tough draws. was not really happy at the time but to catch the people ahead of you it's easier to beat them yourself. last 22 barnstormer where i had a chance to get in top 8 for bye to finals try being in a division where other 3 teams are cristiano at 558 win %. rocket 05 541% and n barella 540% . all 4 of us were in the top 25 in the standings, i was in top 8 all year till this last draw.

That was your "drop low" event so I'm not sure how much that had to do with you dropping down in the standings. Rocket05 and nicholasbarella both finished below you in the standings, and cristano - well he is ALWAYS tough to beat and he also wasn't in any of your other leagues in 2022. Your roster value was also 10 Mil below the 200 Mil Cap. None of the other teams in your division suffered as much roster value loss.

I go to random dot org to put players into leagues to make it fair, and HAL does the randomization from there. I once asked SOM about this and they categorically denied it.

Sounds like a lot of people like to stomp on sour grapes here. :lol:

Bunze0

PostMon Aug 19, 2024 10:17 pm

First off no league to me is a throw away. No sour grapes, so why you throw a attack ?. I did not say but I had a tough 2023 draw in league's. If you check this is true. My loss in cap money 2022 was me trying to have team perform better .Because of tough division I was assigned. So if you wanna criticize go right ahead, I did not say you did anything wrong! If you feel that way that's on you was not my intention. I have had bad teams before and sure I will have them again. But will say this I am not a expert at this game or claim to be but I have helped others and friends as much as I could, so they enjoy it better. Have also had many veterans on here a lot better then me reach out to do the same for me so i enjoy this game better. These people I will always be grateful. To others I guess I am a sore loser! Was currently building teams to join next season's event but sounds like I am not welcomed if I am looked at in that manner.

mighty moose

PostTue Aug 20, 2024 11:36 am

Seems you're the one who felt I was trying to criticize you. All I was doing was trying to show that since it was your drop low event, you COULD NOT have fallen any lower in the standings because of it. And you might want to rethink if dropping an 11.27 Koufax and picking up a 9.25 Bradley is EVER a good idea. Or is a dropping a Hank Aaron for a Reggie Jackson worthwhile ? Certainly the final stat totals for those two players do not show that. I think others would agree that your division mates had little to do with your 63-99 record and your -116 run differential.

You NEVER see top players make ANY roster cuts. We've been preaching this in the Barnstormers for years. The first 4 finishers in the tournament did not make a single roster change in all 6 events.

Maybe you just stratigized poorly or you had a bad live draft. Fortuntely, live drafts in the regular events is now a thing of the past. Sorry you took it so personal. Still you're always welcome.

MM
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats