Using AI in Strat365

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

J-Pav

Re: Using AI in Strat365

PostWed Aug 28, 2024 7:37 pm

It’s basically a word salad tossing, gaslighting plagiarism machine when it comes to dialogue.

I have read, however, that it’s actually quite phenomenal with number crunching. AI, I would think, would be a perfect application for Strat. It’s nothing but straight math (and most of it is remedial at that). It would just entail a very large amount of number crunching.

I would guess after millions of sims it would probably have a pretty good handle on salary constructions, defensive ranges, batting orders, etc. and probably fairly decent player recommendations.

chaberlal

PostWed Aug 28, 2024 8:33 pm

are you sure that danno isn't behind this ?? :shock: :lol: :roll: ?

chaberlal

PostWed Aug 28, 2024 8:43 pm

really... AI... danno... AI ???

oh... I see... Absolute Idiocy...

:D :lol: :D

MaxPower

PostWed Aug 28, 2024 8:50 pm

Palmtana wrote:Amazing. It adjusts its responses on the fly.

Reminds me of arguing with my daughter

roniwas

PostThu Aug 29, 2024 11:02 am

Boy oh boy, seeing this post and the comments I realize just how much of a neophyte I am. The thoughts and opinions of you guys is priceless. What price did you have to pay to reach this understanding of the game? There are times when I’ve used other's strategy, but only to test my thoughts. And, I hope if anyone ever feels like I plagiarize, it’s only temporary. After all learning from the best is a testament to their knowledge and understanding of the game. I’m just beginning my 365 career, after a decades long absence from the board game, so most advice is taken with great thanks. I hope, someday, to be considered a friend of these fantastic players. I thank you all. :roll:

Ron
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats