*****IMPORTANT**** Chief Myers Injury on #3

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

STEVE F

Re: *****IMPORTANT**** Chief Myers Injury on #3

PostWed Jun 24, 2015 3:23 pm

I don't believe there is normalization either. I know you and many others have played online a lot longer than I have, but I've seen nothing here that I haven't seen with the CDROM version of the game. Talking dice and cards, I lost a finals in 1978 largely because Reggie Smith got injured 3 times in the series (we went by usage, so all injuries were "remainder of game only")

The Last Druid

PostWed Jun 24, 2015 4:29 pm

Disclosure would be a logical outcome if SOM had any respect for its marks - oops, I mean customers. But there is abundant evidence to the contrary, strongly suggesting that they neither respect nor care about their base, apart from a revenue stream. Thus we are just banging our heads against an unresponsive stone wall, to even voice hope for disclosure of code issues.

It does make sense to have repetitive injuries coded; what I will never get are batch injuries and how it makes sense to have them.

I'd be thrilled if they just had zero injuries for guys who played every game in a given season. But they can't, or won't even give us that.

Salty

PostWed Jun 24, 2015 5:02 pm

Steve-

Normalization was actually proven to be 'on' at one point- its been detailed with Barry Bonds I believe;
and been written about multiple times. This is back in the TSN days.

STEVE F

PostWed Jun 24, 2015 5:14 pm

Salty wrote:Steve-

Normalization was actually proven to be 'on' at one point- its been detailed with Barry Bonds I believe;
and been written about multiple times. This is back in the TSN days.

I get that. But Strat says it is off now and has been off for quite some time.

Salty

PostWed Jun 24, 2015 5:35 pm

I dont know one way or the other-

but my point is to think about the mechanism of how it works.

Valen

PostThu Jun 25, 2015 12:26 am

Hopefully the luck turns as good for you as I've been here, only 6 games missed. I didn't check for any remainder of game injuries.

Here is the reason. bkeat23's good luck has to be balanced out by someone else's bad luck for the averages to work out.

Are we to believe that there are modifiers that say since Chief has not been injured much so far he is now bullet proof? Why didn't the modifiers kick in when Meyers missed the 6 games bkeat23 had him miss?

I suppose it is possible streaks are built in to the game. I remember long time ago when I was in college introducing a friend to strat and having him draft Kurt Bevaqua in spite of his Mendoza like stats and card. I tried to explain to him what a bad decision that was but he liked the name. That streak code must have kicked in because for the entire 7 game series we played with our drafted teams that card killed me. My friend thought it was hilarious. Curse strat for building in that streak code. Now if I could just figure out how they did that and manipulated those dice we were physically rolling .......

PostThu Jun 25, 2015 10:16 am

I think this is called a nagging injury until he sits for 14 straight games he wont heal.

bkeat23

PostThu Jun 25, 2015 12:47 pm

1787 wrote:I think this is called a nagging injury until he sits for 14 straight games he wont heal.

I had a nagging injury once.

$30K in lawyer fees and I got rid of it. :P

STEVE F

PostThu Jun 25, 2015 1:11 pm

bkeat23 wrote:
1787 wrote:I think this is called a nagging injury until he sits for 14 straight games he wont heal.

I had a nagging injury once.

$30K in lawyer fees and I got rid of it. :P

I can relate!

Salty

PostThu Jun 25, 2015 1:39 pm

Valen wrote:
Hopefully the luck turns as good for you as I've been here, only 6 games missed. I didn't check for any remainder of game injuries.

Here is the reason. bkeat23's good luck has to be balanced out by someone else's bad luck for the averages to work out.

Are we to believe that there are modifiers that say since Chief has not been injured much so far he is now bullet proof? Why didn't the modifiers kick in when Meyers missed the 6 games bkeat23 had him miss?

I suppose it is possible streaks are built in to the game. I remember long time ago when I was in college introducing a friend to strat and having him draft Kurt Bevaqua in spite of his Mendoza like stats and card. I tried to explain to him what a bad decision that was but he liked the name. That streak code must have kicked in because for the entire 7 game series we played with our drafted teams that card killed me. My friend thought it was hilarious. Curse strat for building in that streak code. Now if I could just figure out how they did that and manipulated those dice we were physically rolling .......

Ive said this before:
In the mid-90s I had got one of the first Strat-O computer SAMPLE diskettes. It had 4 teams from history on it- Cardinals and Tigers were 2 of em that I remember.
There were pluses and minuses next to each players name- and what would happen was things like YOUR TEAMS WINNING STREAK, BATTERS HIT STREAK, Frequency of ABS etc. were all factored in to those plus and minus ratings.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats