Verizon Fios

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

nevdully's

Verizon Fios

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Anyone have it for any length of time? Opinions on your experience with it would be welcome.

Thanks Nev

Salty

Re: Verizon Fios

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 11:30 am

I have it.
Mostly has worked fine. The only real issue happened last year when the regs were on strike and they had to replace a part which the tech told me had broken b/c they used a cheap part in the box. She said it had broken in many of the boxes, but since the replacement have had no problems.

ratioman2

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 1:37 pm

It is incredibly fast. The only issue is the cost. It is pricey. Comcast keeps lowering their price to get me to come back to what they say is just as fast, and yet Verizon won't budge even if I threaten to walk away. So if Comcast is in your area, it is a no brainer to get FIOS and then switch back when Comcast comes back with an offer too good to be true.

N Texas Widowmakers

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 6:12 pm

I've had it for about four years with no service issues. It is pricey for full packages. I have bundled my cable, TV and phone to save money.

I might add that I get about four or five different Fox sports channels which has enabled me to see two of my favorite college football team, Texas Tech, games that weren't available locally. We had TCU vs SMU on Fox Southwest but I found Texas Tech on Fox Central Saturday night. That's two games this year I would not have seen without FIOS.
Last edited by N Texas Widowmakers on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

nevdully's

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 6:32 pm

Sounds good so far guys and thanks for the input.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats