Your thoughts?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Bunze0

Re: Your thoughts?

PostTue Oct 31, 2023 10:29 pm

I typically do not go power hitters in those spots. I try keep my speed guys running bases so I use guys who run well enough but hit doubles and triples not home runs as much. Pitchers with GBA on good numbers to get my share of double plays, so up middle defense who can also run a plus. Just my 2 cents.

Backfire

PostThu Nov 02, 2023 7:19 pm

You're welcome. I consider myself a decent player but I have a lot to learn. The power hitters have been a huge disappointment for me on the road and a liability at home. Guys like Cuyler and Sisler are a good middleground if you decide to go that route (the expensive cards). They tick all the boxes and have a bit of power.

Mattw0909

PostFri Nov 03, 2023 10:35 am

I agree with all of the advice given in this thread. Imo when building a team in Forbes , Cominsky , petco etc … in no order defense and speed are important. You can get away with a spot or two that isn’t ideal in one of those categories but the more you do the more of a disadvantage you’re putting yourself in. Typically when I’m building these teams if I want a little power I use kaline or Clemente with the thought that the stronger arm with the elite defense will offset the lack of speed. Weather that’s true or not idk but have had some success with them in those parks

Eddie E

PostWed Nov 22, 2023 12:20 pm

Season just ended and I found my way into the playoffs as the wildcard. It was shortly after posting this thread that my team went on a 25-5 run so I never had to make any changes. Finished with the third best record and run differential.

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/466878

Backfire

PostWed Nov 22, 2023 8:54 pm

Congrats! Sounds like you must have built well for your division.

labratory

PostFri Nov 24, 2023 4:22 pm

Eddie E wrote:Season just ended and I found my way into the playoffs as the wildcard. It was shortly after posting this thread that my team went on a 25-5 run so I never had to make any changes. Finished with the third best record and run differential.

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/466878

The secret is to post about how bad your team is doing. That's a sure way to turn around a disappointing season.

Hack Wilson

PostFri Nov 24, 2023 5:37 pm

Maybe SOM noticed this thread? And suddenly his team got better ... everyone loves a conspiracy. :D :shock:
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats