Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Mattw0909

New cards are up

PostMon Jul 29, 2024 5:04 pm

Hack Wilson

Re: New cards are up

PostMon Jul 29, 2024 6:28 pm

Love these additions! Maybe best and smartest add ever (considering the shrinking player season universe as more cards are in the game), gives us uniquely different mega-superstar cards from their present ones, and some awesome upgrades for good players who deserve it, and an interesting set of lower salary guys, too. Clearly, our crowdsourcing found some real gems. Thank you, Bill and Andy, for stewarding the process. Happy! :D :D

Denorien

PostTue Jul 30, 2024 8:25 am

The player list xls hasn't been updated from what I can tell. Seems strange to me they'd let the release happen before the xls update.

Outta Leftfield

PostTue Jul 30, 2024 1:50 pm

Hack Wilson wrote:Love these additions! Maybe best and smartest add ever (considering the shrinking player season universe as more cards are in the game), gives us uniquely different mega-superstar cards from their present ones, and some awesome upgrades for good players who deserve it, and an interesting set of lower salary guys, too. Clearly, our crowdsourcing found some real gems. Thank you, Bill and Andy, for stewarding the process. Happy! :D :D

I totally agree with Hack. The new cards are definitely there in the browser.

Hack Wilson

PostTue Jul 30, 2024 2:21 pm

barrmorris

PostTue Jul 30, 2024 3:17 pm

Yes, the cards are available in the browser, but not the Excel download. Many of us rely on that to help organize data. That is usually updated at the same time as the cards are released. SOM has been contacted so hopefully we have it soon.

BC15NY

PostTue Jul 30, 2024 6:55 pm

barrmorris wrote:Yes, the cards are available in the browser, but not the Excel download. Many of us rely on that to help organize data. That is usually updated at the same time as the cards are released. SOM has been contacted so hopefully we have it soon.

The excel file is now up to date.

Thanks,
Bill

barrmorris

PostTue Jul 30, 2024 7:04 pm

Thanks Bill, and as a warning to others - I just kept downloading the file and was not getting the updated file. I finally got the new one by completely signing out, deleting cookies, and resigning back in.

leeroyjenkins

PostWed Jul 31, 2024 12:30 pm

Not trying to sound like a downer on this (but here I go).

My two cents: Did we really need another Ruth, Mays, Clemente, Mize, Giambi etc card? In some cases they're functionally identical to cards of theirs that we already have.

One thing that I'd like to see in the criteria for the next time these nominations come up is that a player is ineligible for new cards if he already has three or four (or whatever number you want to pick).

I'm starting to feel like I'm Don Quixote and shilling for a decent Juan Samuel card is my windmill.

Honestly, I think that would be a solid way to start getting some new usable names on peoples draft cards.

Backfire

PostWed Jul 31, 2024 2:04 pm

I would just like to say thanks to the team for making the new cards easily searchable. As someone with RSI it was very rough physically to hunt through the excel sheet for the new cards, even after I found a good way to do it. This new method is more accessible and organized. The cards look great and I see a bunch I'd like to try.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats