the dope is working much better

mighty moose

Re: 2018 BS Finals "Discussion" Thread

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 11:52 am

Congrats to mesquiton. Wins semi-final #1

cristano1

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 7:07 pm

Slow down!!!!!!!!! I am drafting the 2017 Players Champs finals right now. Hopefully this draft doesn't kick off until next week or week after.

mighty moose

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 5:38 pm

Does this mean you are actually using the Dope Draft right now to do a draft ? Am I to assume it's working well enough to endorse doing our Finals draft ? We have a week to go for Semi-Finals #3 to wrap up - then it's letting those three managers place their vote and getting DD ready. I'd say we are about 2-3 weeks away.

mighty moose

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 4:38 pm

Spoke with Adrian on the phone - he will concentrate on getting the new cards added to the draft app including the stadiums, and will put in a ticket with the ISP to see if we can get the draft app functioning a bit more briskly.

We have to hope for the best, even though Adrian's tone doesn't sound too encouraging. He hasn't been on the site and playing for over 2 years and actually isn't even a programmer anymore.

In the time we have left up to time to start drafting for the Finals, some serious decisions need to be made, even if it's a vote for using Diamond Dope, ILC Chat forums, or the SOM live draft app.

Thanks Adrian if you pop in here and take a look - and very appreciative of anything you can do for us.

MM

mighty moose

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 6:56 pm

We have a link for adding players to the LD app.

http://diamonddope.com/updatedraftplayer.cfm

Please look it over. Instead of populating all the fields, perhaps it will pick up all of the information if the players is already in the card reader database by clicking on the INSERT PLAYER dropbox.

Asking now for links to add the stadiums. Can we or have we added the stadiums to the card reader apps that allow you to add players ?

mighty moose

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 7:02 pm

Stadium information just given to me by adrian.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The stadiums are added on the same screen.

First you have to add the player/stadium and then you select the game(s) you want to add to. Stadiums are added with $0.

e.g.:
SOM ID: 125
FIRST NAME: (12,12,9,19)
LAST NAME: Bennett Park '11

Thanks

MonkeyMaker

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 7:43 pm

It seems like the simplest solution would be to use the SOM draft if there is a time that works for everybody. The best time for me because I consistently have it open would be on Sundays from 12pm to 3pm PST.

That being said, I have drafted via a discussion thread, with the commish assisting with proxies and I felt it went pretty smoothly.

mighty moose

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 8:13 pm

I've polled large groups of people and I get half that say they are always around on the weekends while the other half say they are NEVER around on the weekends (shopping - visiting - etc) - this is why for the 140 mil and 200 mil live drafts, I set TUES/WED/THURS for the live draft and at 7 pm PST / 10 - pm EST so that the left coasters can get home from bumper to bumper traffic (I'm in that group). I would place a higher probability on drafting during the weekday nights than the weekend.

But then again you say - what the majority can agree to. Therein lies the problem and why a 3 hour draft window is why we want the dope site.

I think the SOM LD is going to be very hard to coordinate. And if one person misses the draft, there will be a lot of screaming - and you know how the NFL handled a cry of "foul play"

mesquiton

PostThu Jan 31, 2019 12:38 am

My vote is for using Diamond Dope draft and making the best of it, whatever shape it's in. Sounds like it's working and usable to me, and there can't be many players anybody would want that aren't already loaded for the draft.

Any desired "missing" player could be (a) autodrafted after the DD draft, or (b) posted here on the board and a substitute "place holder" nobody wants, of similar value, drafted on DD, thereby protecting the desired player from being autodrafted by somebody else.

Definitely against using the SOM quickie live draft. I think for the BS Finals we should have more than a coupla minutes to study our picks in the context of other picks and how the draft is progressing. Would rather draft entirely on the boards than be rushed.

Also, my schedule is unpredictable, would make a SOM draft problematic for me in any event (tho will do my best to accommodate if that’s what majority wants).

Thanks, great to be here however it goes!
PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour