2022 Vote for Finals CAP/DH/Draft Order

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

Re: 2022 Vote for Finals CAP/DH/Draft Order

PostMon Feb 13, 2023 12:43 am

DodgerFan,

You can pick a stadium in any round and you can queue (proxy) a stadium as well. It's up to you to decide how important your stadium is to your team and choose it accordingly. You won't gain a lot of fans here if everyone is waiting on you all day and every day. You owe it not only to yourself but also your fellow players to get into a mock draft and learn how to proxy players so that they are picked for you during the day.

MM

labratory

PostMon Feb 13, 2023 2:36 pm

Sorry, I'm traveling this week and thought we were starting on Friday. I put a team in so you can start the league. But I won't be able to spend much time on picks until I get back.

mighty moose

PostMon Feb 13, 2023 3:08 pm

Thus why Friday WAS the better choice. :(

SOM has been advised to set the draft order and randomize divisions.

watershark1967

PostMon Feb 13, 2023 4:58 pm

As I have learned over the years as commissioner of my fantasy baseball league, it is extremely difficult to get the schedules of 12 people aligned to do a draft.

So, I hope no one complains too much if it takes Labrat until Friday to make his first pick. Plus, it gives us all a little more time to work on our strategy, as well as giving us newbies more time to practice setting up our queues/proxies.

MaxPower

PostMon Feb 13, 2023 6:17 pm

Why are there waivers following the draft. Last year there were none and it was fine. Every free agent following the draft has been passed over 25 times by all 12 teams, there is no need for a structured waivers process to claim them.

At least it makes slightly more sense than the mysterious insistence that the league start on a Monday even if it means 10 days of preseason. The Monday setting is perfect for other Tour leagues because it synchronizes Opening Night across leagues. Obviously no such consideration exists for the Finals, so the setting is no longer necessary.

mighty moose

PostMon Feb 13, 2023 7:38 pm

I keep waivers for two reasons. The first is that not everyone can be there to "pounce" on the frenzy - some people have lives. Waivers is more fair to all. - and - the second - I like the semi's and the finals to mirror the regular events. I don't like changing things. The regular events all start on Monday following the league filling and we use all of the standard defaults. Waivers, 5-10-20, Salary Floor - etc.

That's the way it's going to be. So stop complaining or go find some other tournament to play in. I'm getting tired of your constant bitching all the time.
If you keep up with the negativity, your posts will just get deleted.

mighty moose

PostMon Feb 13, 2023 11:03 pm

East

Lockport Locks (Owner: Toddgotmon)
2022 Skokie Normalites BSF (Owner: watershark1967)
Stadium Rooters (Owner: labratory)
DC Task Force (Owner: justicej)

Central

KC Urban Achievers (Owner: nathan_hern@yahoo.com)
Tomsk Conquistadors (Owner: BruceF)
TBD TBD (Owner: FrankieT)
Rank Rabid Raunchy Rabbits (Owner: Dodgerfan Always)

West

Springfield Isotopes (Owner: MaxPower)
Pikesville Rye Finals (Owner: ScumbyJr)
Syracuse Bulldogs (Owner: djp_77)
cristano1 Barn22-F (Owner: cristano1)

mighty moose

PostMon Feb 13, 2023 11:47 pm

The Draft Order is now correct. The date and time for the draft has been set. Once they were "set" SOM sent an email out to all players confirming the start day and time. The Divisions has been posted in the previous post. And lastly, I have sent an email out myself just now confirming same.

Have a great draft and 2022 Finals season. -

MM
Previous

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour