2022 Finals Draft

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

Hack Wilson

Re: 2022 Finals Draft

PostWed Mar 22, 2023 7:06 pm

Good to be watching from the cheap seats on this one! I like the fierce competitiveness, we're enjoying it. We have some formidable owners and bold approaches. :D

One question for the unenlightened among us (mainly 'moi') -- how do you specifically figure out the percentage of lefty/righty hitters your pitchers are projected to face? I always just eyeball it. I'd welcome a formula or process to gauge this.

Thanks!

MaxPower

PostWed Mar 22, 2023 7:57 pm

Cristano is indeed (currently) King Shit for succeeding with the 50-cent draft and semi-random ballpark. Trying it at all was a huge flex and obviously it's working splendidly. Meanwhile I am eating humble pie every night that my prediction of winning the division looks increasingly implausible (although just for the record, I retracted that prediction in league mail a few days into the season, while I was in first place...still, the internet is forever). Those two things being indisputably the case, it's just weird for him to make up shit that didn't happen to try and roast me with, when there's so much shit that actually did happen that he could just as easily use for that purpose!

Hack there's no formula for projecting LHH%. I have a page in my spreadsheet that makes it easy for me to eyeball what a team's lineup will be vs RHP and LHP: https://i.imgur.com/SnLCRvE.png

Hack Wilson

PostWed Mar 22, 2023 8:23 pm

I see, and my eyeballs might fall out of my head after looking at that chart, lol. But thanks, Max, I appreciate you sharing this, I will return to it to study more. At this point, I guess the natural eyeballing and perception works well enough.

Good luck to you guys down the stretch!

MaxPower

PostWed Mar 22, 2023 8:34 pm

It's just everyone's Runs Created per 216 PA given the park and the opposing pitcher. Then I just enter the optimal lineup and voila - Koufax is expected to face 5 LHH when facing this particular team. Do that for all 11 teams then average the results according to my schedule. Informed eyeballing.

mighty moose

PostSun Apr 23, 2023 12:20 pm

It's down to djp_77 and cristano1 in the 2022 Finals

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/scores/postseason/464012

cristano1 trying for his 2nd Championship (3rd if you count his grazoontite win)

Right now - 2 games to 0 djp_77 has the Edge

He could wrap it all up tonight !!!

MM
Previous

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour