Live Drafts - now only for the Finals

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

Live Drafts - now only for the Finals

PostThu Aug 08, 2024 2:57 pm

It's unfortunate but a major thing that many of you liked will be coming to an end.

Live Drafts will no longer be offered in any of the regular events. Only for the Finals.

We had two incidents that occured this week, a player MISSED his live draft, and another player neglected his draft which caused a penalty for a stadium violation.

This takes up TOO MUCH of my time, not only settting it up and monitoring it, but facing the aftermath of players that can't seem to find the time to give it the importance it deserves.

This will START with Event #6, the upcoming 200 Mil Event.

Mighty Moose

mighty moose

Re: Live Drafts - now only for the Finals

PostThu Aug 08, 2024 10:14 pm

oh and then OF COURSE the third live draft had an issue. A player drafted one of the forbidden 2012 stadiums, when at least 3 emails went out spelling out that the new 1982 and 2012 stadiums were expressly FORBIDDEN. A 25 wins penalty WILL APPLY here too. I'm thinking thar seriously, no one cares about this tournament anymore.

That will make it a lot easier to walk away from. :cry:

Hamilton17

PostThu Aug 08, 2024 10:20 pm

On the other hand, you have several of us willing to participate as fillers and show up and draft competitive teams and contribute to the overall quality of the event for everyone involved.

I'm terribly sorry that this week and the live drafting experience was sour for you, but I do hope that you know that MOST of us sincerely appreciate you and support your work efforts.

Thank you.

jeffdoh

PostFri Aug 09, 2024 1:54 am

I hope you'll reconsider. For those of us destined to never, ever, make the finals, the Live draft is extremely enjoyable and I agree with Hamilton that overwhelmingly people do take it very seriously. The Live Draft is the most fun part of the tourney for me. And I really prepared for it! You should see my cheat sheets. It was like fantasy draft scribble from 1997.

I think everyone appreciates everything you do, Moose. Whatever you decide, at least know that!

LI Ducks Front Office

mighty moose

PostFri Aug 09, 2024 9:11 pm

I appreciate the point of views passed on here. Not sure what I could do short of banning everybody from Live Drafts after they make a mistake. This year it was even harder to fill three live drafts, so much easier would be two, and first come first served at that. 1 minute per pick live drafts require everyone to be IN ATTENDANCE all at the same time. Someone that signs up for this shouldn't if they think a business problem might come up or a personal problem (which was the issue for the Wednesday player who was "away" almost all of the second half of the draft).

I'll take the break between Event 5 and 6 to cool down, calm down, and see if there is a way to make it more idiot proof. And what to do about players not reading or not caring about the email instuctions being sent out. You know I don't REALLY need to send out 1 day and 1 hour warnings that the draft is near. You're all adults you should not need me to hold you hand.

Feel free to offer helpful suggestions before we get close to event 6. If I see something that might work, I will consider it.

MM

Hittmens

PostSat Aug 10, 2024 8:51 am

You are the one putting all the work in. If the live draft causes more issues or work for you it is certainly your call to have it only for the finals. I don’t think anyone would have a problem with the decision

Toady

PostSat Aug 10, 2024 2:55 pm

Hey Moose
This is my first BS Tour and I am thoroughly impressed with your leadership and the overall competition in the leagues. I considered joining a live draft, but I have never done one and was a bit intimidated. Did not want to mess it up for all in something that is very important to most! But after reviewing the draft lists, I could do this. So what about this idea? Dedicate an alternate, as a filler, for each live draft. The alternate must be in attendance at (9:50 pm?) in case somebody does not show. And to stick around for part/all of the draft. Also, the alternate must keep his computer on/ready and cell phone by his side in case of a mid-event emergency. I volunteer. Just a thought in case you calm down and want to consider Round 6 Live Drafts. ;) Thanks again for your leadership!

mighty moose

PostSat Aug 10, 2024 9:56 pm

Toady,

I don't know the logistics of how that would work. SOM would need to be engaged to make it happen and that might be more than they are willing to do. As it is now, the draft room shows me a "special" link that allows me to slip in unnoticed to monitor. If I say anything in the chat, then they all see the comment made by "LEAGUE COMMISH"

Not sure how SOM would arrange another non league player to get into the chat room OR how they would be able to take over for the missing man. I will ask SOM about how or IF this could arranged.

Thanks for the suggestion.

MM

Main Line Expos

PostFri Aug 30, 2024 4:47 pm

mighty moose we appreciate all you do and I get your point on the live drafts. will do anything you think is best.

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour