Update on Event 1 and a plug for the Daily Tournament

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

barrmorris

Update on Event 1 and a plug for the Daily Tournament

PostThu Apr 20, 2023 1:47 pm

As of writing this message, we have filled league 6 and league 7 is now filling. There are several members that have signed-up but still not joined a league. I have sent invitations to those members as well as a few others. Strat-O-Matic sent emails to participants in the last 3 Tournaments that had not already signed-up for this year. Feel free to reach out to other members to encourage participation.

The published deadline is next Tuesday. I'll be monitoring activity closely to see if extending the deadline will help get more participants or if we need to invite fillers so we can get Event 1 wrapped up.

I also want to direct folks over to the "Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily" forum where Juiced JC is taking sign-ups for this year's Baseball Daily Tournament. I played last year and thought it was great despite just missing qualifying for the Champions League. I'm looking to change that this year. Sign up and try to stop me.
Last edited by barrmorris on Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chaberlal

Re: Update on Event 1 and a plug for the Daily Tournament

PostSat Apr 22, 2023 10:50 pm

Hey buddy/Commish...

On behalf of everyone I want to thank you for making this Championship what it is...

SUPER SPECTACULAR...

As good as Mighty Moose and Barnstormers...

It's good to play with "normal" lineups...

This year is very strange...

NOT MUCH OBP...

So... I put all my marbles in super pitching (Ohtani and deGrom leading the way) and defense and speed...

THANKS AGAIN BUDDY

cummings2

PostSun Apr 23, 2023 3:14 pm

Thanks for the emails, just loaded my team in league 7.

Missed last year and when I visited earlier on signups were not up yet.

Thanks again.

C2

Axlerod Gunderson

PostMon Apr 24, 2023 12:11 am

My vote would be to keep event 1 open until the day before event 2 begins. I’m thinking the target should be 100 participants. I believe we can get there in another week.

SteadyEddie33

PostMon Apr 24, 2023 10:58 am

Axlerod Gunderson wrote:My vote would be to keep event 1 open until the day before event 2 begins. I’m thinking the target should be 100 participants. I believe we can get there in another week.

I second that emotion. Participants have to be maximized.

Courtneylant

PostMon Apr 24, 2023 6:08 pm

Agree. While this is my first Players Tournament so i don't know from experience, but is there a chance we can get another 12 teams in Round 2 since you only need to participate in 4 of the 5 events?
-Alexander Supertramp

klx22

PostTue Apr 25, 2023 10:17 am

barrmorris wrote:As of writing this message, we have filled league 6 and league 7 is now filling. There are several members that have signed-up but still not joined a league. I have sent invitations to those members as well as a few others. Strat-O-Matic sent emails to participants in the last 3 Tournaments that had not already signed-up for this year. Feel free to reach out to other members to encourage participation.

The published deadline is next Tuesday. I'll be monitoring activity closely to see if extending the deadline will help get more participants or if we need to invite fillers so we can get Event 1 wrapped up.

I also want to direct folks over to the "Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily" forum where Juiced JC is taking sign-ups for this year's Baseball Daily Tournament. I played last year and thought it was great despite just missing qualifying for the Champions League. I'm looking to change that this year. Sign up and try to stop me.

Being you only have to play 4 events, I think you should leave signups open until the last league of event 2 fills. Just my 2 cents!

barrmorris

PostTue Apr 25, 2023 11:40 am

klx22 wrote:Being you only have to play 4 events, I think you should leave signups open until the last league of event 2 fills. Just my 2 cents!

Yes, that is the way it works. Members can join the tournament any time through Event 2. Members join the tournament by entering a league. They can sign up on the sign-up list and I will do everything I can to make sure they are aware of the open leagues, but ultimately, they have to actually join the league.

Return to --- Player's Championship