Leaving Lineup Empty

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Rigged Splits

Re: Leaving Lineup Empty

PostWed Feb 20, 2013 6:01 pm

It would help to know what park you played in and what the lineup vs righties was. I would say without knowing those two things that Parker is 1979 and Oliver is 1976. I'd also say that both Zisk and Robinson have low HR years but if you were playing in Royals or a similar stadium that could easily be wrong.

Sanguillen may not necessarily be bad. Like I mentioned before I had HAL batting a great Clemente last because against righties he's mainly singles. In my 80s league I picked up Kingman recently and HAL batted him 3rd vs. both righties and lefties. I thought okay this is one of his best yeras. Then he moved Kingman to leadoff (which he likes to do) over Rickey Henderson. It made me rethink his card. Last night he got injured and it's Kingman's best year (79). There isn't one season that Kingman should ever lead off over Henderson.

HAL doesn't usually get it at leadoff or 2nd.

LMBombers

PostThu Feb 21, 2013 6:15 am

Rigged, I posted the park and the lineups earlier on the first page of this thread.

voovits

PostThu Feb 21, 2013 1:58 pm

But you didn't post your lineup vrs RHP

Rigged Splits

PostThu Feb 21, 2013 5:21 pm

I can't believe I didn't see that last paragraph or at least read it, LM.

I'd still say Oliver has a bigger natural HR mark than either Zisk or Robinson unless he's just a completely superior overall hitter vs lefties. Seeing the righty lineup and lineups from a power park will help. I think it also shows your opponent that Matlack is tougher on left hand hitters than Koosman since Stein played vs Matlack over Hebner.

HAL might still play Stargell against an opposite lefty and in a power park you never know.

bark123

PostThu Mar 14, 2013 12:46 am

Michael Grammes wrote:
I think he does it for the money saving actually.

Money has nothing to do with it.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s