90s Keeper League Replacement Found

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

coyote303

90s Keeper League Replacement Found

PostSat Feb 09, 2013 1:32 am

Great group of managers need a replacement for next season. Joins us as you carry over four protected players each season as you try to build a dynasty! It's a fun format that doesn't require mega-hours of research to be competitive.

Here is the initial post I made when I started the league. Complete league rules are on page 2 of the thread.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=860

There is a 2-season commitment to join; you would be joining us in Season 3. Initially, the league called for a 4-season commitment, and I am optimistic it will go longer.

Here's some of the comments managers have made about this league:

"Love the concept and the managers are a hoot." --fd

"I love being in this league, these past few days have just proved it. Passionate and level-headed discourse, funny banter, strat nibbles, etc... This league has become my primary reason for playing strat online, it's been funtimes galore." -sc

Here is a link to the team you would take over. You will protect three players from your roster and then there is a supplemental draft to select your fourth protected player.

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/team/814470

Requirements to join:

1. As I mentioned above, 2-season commitment
2. Should be familiar with the mystery card format
3. Must be willing to check the forums a minimum of twice a day when we hold the supplemental draft and at least daily when we are loading teams.
Last edited by coyote303 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rigged Splits

Re: 90s Keeper League Needs Replacement Manager for Season 3

PostSat Feb 09, 2013 1:55 am

I'll join if you'll have me. Is this a replacement for seasons 3 and beyond or just season 3? Do you have to keep 3 players?

coyote303

Re: 90s Keeper League Needs Replacement Manager for Season 3

PostSat Feb 09, 2013 2:04 am

Rigged Splits wrote:I'll join if you'll have me. Is this a replacement for seasons 3 and beyond or just season 3? Do you have to keep 3 players?

Great! You are in. You now own the franchise so you are the manager as long as you like. (You are committing to two seasons, but you are welcome to stay as long as the league continues.)

You will pick three players from this season's roster:

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/team/814470

The roster is frozen for season 2, so you can select your keepers now if you like. There is a new forum thread to post your keepers. Deadline is noon EST Friday, February 14.

Once Season 2 is over and everyone names their three keepers, we will begin the 1-round supplemental draft. Welcome aboard!

If you like reading rules, I have detailed rules if you follow the link in my original post. Otherwise, we'll coach you along.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s