AL Real Life MVP? Miggy vs Trout

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

LMBombers

Re: AL Real Life MVP? Miggy vs Trout

PostTue Oct 09, 2012 5:40 am

AeroDave10 wrote:[ As long as the traditionalists persist, it will be difficult raise that percentage.

Why have voters at all then? Just change the name of the award from MVP to WAR and make it a statistic award only without the human interferance. :geek:

Valen

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Good point LMbombers. How about we just create a new award called the General Eisenhower award for the WAR leader. :lol:

I am not concerned at all about the vote not lining up with WAR rankings because I do not see WAR as a valid stat. It is just too murky for me. First I have a problem with how replacement player is defined. Second I don't think you can really assign a hard number to any stat such as HRs or fielding percentage or steals and say that was worth this many wins.

For example in April and May when Hamilton was hitting .400 with a HR every other game a stolen base from Elvis or Kinsler was practically meaningless. But during June and July when Josh was hitting .200 and Beltre was going 28 games without a HR a stolen base by either would have been huge.

I reserve the right to look at all the real stats and make my own judgement about how good a player is based on the context of the team around them. I am not going to base my evaluation on a contrived stat.

AeroDave10

PostThu Oct 11, 2012 8:03 am

Between the two, who will have a more expensive SOM card next year?

Jerlins

PostThu Oct 11, 2012 12:09 pm

AeroDave10 wrote:Between the two, who will have a more expensive SOM card next year?

Trout, and probably by about $3 mill ;)
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx