A.L. ONLY WEENie MONEYmAZE TO FILL

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

MEAT

Re: A.L. ONLY WEENie uPTOWN UP,CATOM,SGT,CURT,TWS

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 11:40 am

Kind of a mixed breed weasel so far today. originally had Markakis proxied for this morning, but switched to pitching while we paused overnight. would liked to have had ellsbury, cabrera and makrakis across the outfield, but everyone I considered in taking alvarez went before during and after, so its probably for the best. problem is, joyce went too...

MEAT

Re: A.L. ONLY WEENie uPTOWN UP,CATOM,SGT,CURT,TWS

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 12:22 pm

tried tweeting jason, but no idea if I did it right, or just posted it on my barren twit account.

TomSiebert

Re: A.L. ONLY WEENie CAL UP,MARK ZIM,FLIP

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 6:52 pm

Every year in these AL/NL only leagues, I end up getting f#cked by the IF. 8th round and there are no decent SS left. Even Jeter was a weak link. It felt like there was a lot of decent talent on the board overall two rounds ago, now, suddenly, crap.

tws

merkelblunder

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Gents,

Will not have computer access until about midnight EST. Have proxies set. Hope they will carry me through
if we get that far.

moneymaze

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 9:51 pm

TomSiebert wrote:Every year in these AL/NL only leagues, I end up getting f#cked by the IF. 8th round and there are no decent SS left. Even Jeter was a weak link. It felt like there was a lot of decent talent on the board overall two rounds ago, now, suddenly, crap.

tws

Yeah, I'm screwed at SS myself. Put Jeter second on the proxy list after my fourth starter, figuring there was a much better chance the starters I wanted would be picked at the turn than Derek, since two of the three teams already had shortstops. Wrong.

I hadn't really planned on having my starting rotation done this quickly, but it may not be a bad thing - the last few starting pitchers picked in the AL-only league are generally painful to watch later on.

MEAT

Re: A.L. ONLY WEENie SARGE UP,CURT,TWS,KEV,MERK,AL

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 11:52 pm

some significant weaseling burrowing again as the hole gets tighter and tighter. aceves, holland and especially d. holland. was debating betemit or d. holland and figured there'd be no more pics tonight and I could weigh it out...then betemit goes to me, and I miss an opportunity to weasel Al if I had changed my mind, which now I wish i had.

calbatross

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 12:45 am

My infield strategy changed a bit when Meat weaseled Maicer Izturis from my just before my pick. That's my favorite kind of weasel... The pickings get think quick, but at least it's thin for everyone. I like these AL/NL leagues better than the MLB leagues because since we have to play more crappy players, players tend to produce more realistic-looking stats.

Embrace the Weasel! Embrace the Crap!

Al Hogg

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 3:45 am

MEAT wrote:some significant weaseling burrowing again as the hole gets tighter and tighter. aceves, holland and especially d. holland. was debating betemit or d. holland and figured there'd be no more pics tonight and I could weigh it out...then betemit goes to me, and I miss an opportunity to weasel Al if I had changed my mind, which now I wish i had.

With the D. Holland pick, I join Curt in finishing my rotation. It looks like three other teams just need a fourth pitcher who goes every four days to complete their rotations.

I see Kev and Sarge have gone the other direction, using their first nine picks to put together complete batting lineups. They look pretty fearsome, but I'd hate to have to start putting together a pitching rotation with the guys that are left. I figure that - even if four teams go with four-man rotations - somebody will have a regular starting pitcher costing $810,000 or less. The $810,000 level is Carlos Carrasco, an R-8R with a real-life 4.62 ERA. As slim as the pickings are at other positions, they aren't that slim. So start picking those starters, folks (...and leave me the guys that I still need). ;)

TomSiebert

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 10:05 am

I look at what's left and the holes in my team and I just keep telling myself: "Everybody's in the same position...everybody's in the same position."

Yikes.

tws

KEVINEHLE

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 10:38 am

Al Hogg wrote:
MEAT wrote:some significant weaseling burrowing again as the hole gets tighter and tighter. aceves, holland and especially d. holland. was debating betemit or d. holland and figured there'd be no more pics tonight and I could weigh it out...then betemit goes to me, and I miss an opportunity to weasel Al if I had changed my mind, which now I wish i had.

With the D. Holland pick, I join Curt in finishing my rotation. It looks like three other teams just need a fourth pitcher who goes every four days to complete their rotations.

I see Kev and Sarge have gone the other direction, using their first nine picks to put together complete batting lineups. They look pretty fearsome, but I'd hate to have to start putting together a pitching rotation with the guys that are left. I figure that - even if four teams go with four-man rotations - somebody will have a regular starting pitcher costing $810,000 or less. The $810,000 level is Carlos Carrasco, an R-8R with a real-life 4.62 ERA. As slim as the pickings are at other positions, they aren't that slim. So start picking those starters, folks (...and leave me the guys that I still need). ;)

Al, you noticed. I decided to have some fun with this league. My strategy is to outscore everyone....but I did make an exception and picked a couple defensive middle infielders to help my all $.50M starting rotation. 8-)

Kev
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat