Questions about pitching preferences

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

theavgjoe

Questions about pitching preferences

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 12:03 pm

I've had about 15 teams so far but I am still no comfortable setting up the pitching preferences. Can anyone give me advice on how to set up the preferences? Is it ever better to leave them all blank and let HAL make the decision? Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/team/810604

Valen

Re: Questions about pitching preferences

PostSat Nov 03, 2012 10:11 pm

Leaving everything blank is risky. I could never completely trust HAL like that.
With your team only having 4 relievers I would probable set team relief at conservative. I think you need a deeper pen to have HAL be aggressive.

As to roles I would probably set Hoffman closer and Wagner setup because of the 2R balance and the R2 endurance.
I would probably set Worthington as mopup. I would feel better having at least one reliever who was R4 or R5 to server as middle man and/or mopup. Any time a starter leaves early HAL is likely to do something you would consider questionable since you have no legitimate long man.

That does not mean you cannot win with that bullpen configuration. I am only saying HAL will mismanage that more often with what you have but as long as you are ok with that and are winning then the world is peachy. But if I read a thread where you had that bullpen setup and was complaining about HAL I would likely show little sympathy.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats