AL Round-Robin :: Season 12

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

andycummings65

Re: AL round-robin -- FILLED!

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Clarification: In Ruth's instance for my old Yankees team, I get him because he played more games for Yankees. And after autodraft, I can grab any player who played for my team. Why can I not use ANY Ruth card AFTER the autodraft?

padrenurgle1

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi,

Is it correct that there is no way to view just the players available to me? E.g., "all Senators and all Twins?" Or even "All Senators SPs?" You can't sort the full player list by team-alpha, searching by team only lets you search certain date categories of the team, and the dowloadable spreadsheet seems to be hitters only.

tcochran

Re: AL round-robin -- GETTING READY TO DRAFT

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 5:52 pm

andycummings65 wrote:Clarification: In Ruth's instance for my old Yankees team, I get him because he played more games for Yankees. And after autodraft, I can grab any player who played for my team. Why can I not use ANY Ruth card AFTER the autodraft?

Good point, Andy. I copied that language from another league setup that I was reading -- and your question pointed out an inconsistency. We have not drafted yet, so...

Unless there are a bunch of objections, let's simplify the player selection rules to be:

- Autodraft includes only players carded to your team; you choose the year of each player, if there are more than one available.

- A player carded to more than one team in the league will only be available during the autodraft to the team for which he played the most games (e.g., Babe Ruth belongs to the Yankees in the autodraft ).

- For teams that have players from more than one MLB franchise, then games played for each of those franchises count together when determining "the team for which he played the most games."

- Any non-drafted AL-carded player is available during the waivers period, as long as he has played for your team.

- Trades are okay, as long as you only end up with AL-carded players who have played for your team.

tcochran

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 6:04 pm

padrenurgle1 wrote:Hi,

Is it correct that there is no way to view just the players available to me? E.g., "all Senators and all Twins?" Or even "All Senators SPs?" You can't sort the full player list by team-alpha, searching by team only lets you search certain date categories of the team, and the dowloadable spreadsheet seems to be hitters only.

Hi Padre, online you're limited to searching either by AL-only (for all teams) or by the time-delimited team segments that you mentioned.

Downloading the ATG6 spreadsheet is your best bet. Yes, it does open to a list of hitters. If you look at the bottom left of the page, though, you will see there are two tabs, one for hitters and one for pitchers. Clicking on the other tab will show you the list of pitchers. After that, you can sort by team on each page and find your guys.

I do recommend that all managers get a copy of this spreadsheet, since this is the entire list of players who will ever be available during the 12 seasons of this round-robin tournament. Players added later to ATG6 (if any) will not be part of our league. All managers need to have the same basic resources for all seasons.

tcochran

Ready to load

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 6:58 pm

The league is available for loading. I temporarily put my team in the East Div, to get the league started, and will remove it as soon as another team is loaded. East Div may load now:

EAST
1. jflatour99 - Boston Red Sox
2. hawk - Chicago White Sox
3. bontomn - Cleveland Indians
4. salmonbellies - Detroit Tigers

League: AL Round-Robin -- Season 1
Password: playball

andycummings65

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 7:34 pm

One more whiny type question: the older Yankees have exactly one Yankee Stadium they can use, compared to six the newer Yankees have. Can the Older YAnkees have access to the Yankee48 Stadium? Or, barring that, can the older Yankees use a pre-1946 Polo Grounds, since they played there for a few seasons?

tcochran

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 8:10 pm

andycummings65 wrote:One more whiny type question: the older Yankees have exactly one Yankee Stadium they can use, compared to six the newer Yankees have. Can the Older YAnkees have access to the Yankee48 Stadium? Or, barring that, can the older Yankees use a pre-1946 Polo Grounds, since they played there for a few seasons?

Hmmm,not whiny -- but also not accurate.

According to Wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ma ... l_stadiums, you have other choices, too.

It looks like your older Yankees played in following SOM stadiums:
Hilltop Park '11
Yankee Stadium '05
Yankee Stadium '41

FRANKMANSUETO

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 8:22 pm

I believe Yankee '05 is the Present Day Yankees team.

andycummings65

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 8:26 pm

yes, '05 is 2005.....and I dont think anyone would take the older Yankees player pool and put them in Hilltop........

If no, its ok, but I think going forward and playing 12 seasons, it would be fair to at least give the Older Yankees a choice

tcochran

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 9:37 pm

andycummings65 wrote:yes, '05 is 2005.....and I dont think anyone would take the older Yankees player pool and put them in Hilltop........

If no, its ok, but I think going forward and playing 12 seasons, it would be fair to at least give the Older Yankees a choice

Yes, the attendance figure has certainly got to be 2005 and not 1905. Sorry 'bout that!

Your point about appropriate parks is well taken. I'm really surprised SOM has no stadium available for the dynamite Yanks of the late 20s.

How about this? Let's allow the older Yanks to also have the following stadium choices:
Yankee Stadium '48, only a couple of years outside your team's time frame; and
Polo Grounds '24, only 2 years after the Yankees stopped playing there.

Note to all: If/when you find similar limited stadium choices, let's discuss them and build a list of alternatives that we each can use.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat