AL Round-Robin :: Season 12

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

andycummings65

Re: AL round-robin -- GETTING READY TO DRAFT

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 9:45 pm

Thanks! Thats a big help.

You're right, usually when setting up leagues like this, the first season always opens up a few cans of worms that werent anticipated that have to be addressed.............

padrenurgle1

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Diving into the spreadsheets, and the Senators/Twins, as awful as they were, had some great player seasons. But the relievers? They have 1 competent reliever in all of the seasons. I need all my starters to be "big trains."

tomwistar

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 11:08 pm

About the stadiums: shouldn't a limited stadium choice be part of the deal? If you get a great team like the Yankees, part of your challenge is playing them in a stadium that is less than ideal. I've enjoyed playing in franchise theme leagues, and the limited stadiums always makes for an interesting wrinkle.

Just my two cents. Whatever you all decide to do is fine -- but I do think the "stadium problem" might lead to some creative strategies. Do you necessarily take the better card even if it's diminished in your park .... or do you take a lesser player who fits?

bontomn

PostFri Nov 16, 2012 12:21 am

League is set up as ATG6 AL only

tcochran

PostFri Nov 16, 2012 12:50 am

bontomn wrote:League is set up as ATG6 AL only

Yes, league is for AL-carded players only

tcochran

PostFri Nov 16, 2012 1:46 am

tomwistar wrote:About the stadiums: shouldn't a limited stadium choice be part of the deal? If you get a great team like the Yankees, part of your challenge is playing them in a stadium that is less than ideal. I've enjoyed playing in franchise theme leagues, and the limited stadiums always makes for an interesting wrinkle.

Just my two cents. Whatever you all decide to do is fine -- but I do think the "stadium problem" might lead to some creative strategies. Do you necessarily take the better card even if it's diminished in your park .... or do you take a lesser player who fits?

I agree that limits and choices are all part of the game. Unfortunately, when I cut off the Yanks at 1945, I made their stadium choices the most limited in the league.

If I've read the Wikipedia article correctly, it looks like every other team in our league has at least 4 stadium choices -- with 8 teams having between 6 and 9 to choose from.

I believe it would be more difficult for all of us to field an effective older Yanks team with only 2 stadium choices -- 4 makes more sense to me. What do you all think?

jflatour99

PostFri Nov 16, 2012 2:06 am

For the Yanks and 4 stadiums, I agree.

BTW, I just completed my Boston team and good god ! Some difficult cuts to make. They have a lot of great fielders but not a lot to offer at 1st base.

The most difficult cuts were at the pitching: great pitchers such as Cy Young, Dutch B Leonard, Joe Wood, Pedro Martinez, Roger Clemens.

tcochran

PostFri Nov 16, 2012 9:31 am

jflatour99 wrote:For the Yanks and 4 stadiums, I agree.

BTW, I just completed my Boston team and good god ! Some difficult cuts to make. They have a lot of great fielders but not a lot to offer at 1st base.

The most difficult cuts were at the pitching: great pitchers such as Cy Young, Dutch B Leonard, Joe Wood, Pedro Martinez, Roger Clemens.

This is my first ATG team and I agree that the roster selections are amazing! Since I'm starting with the "other expansion" team (Rangers & Blue Jays), I thought I might have trouble fielding a competitive team. With 3 MVP seasons and 1 Cy Young season on the roster, though, I think we might do okay!

tcochran

PostFri Nov 16, 2012 1:00 pm

Central Div can load now

CENTRAL
andycummings65 - [Older] New York Yankees
thechamp87 - [Later] New York Yankees - IN
frankmansueto - Philadelphia - Kansas City - Oakland A's
lumbercompanysouth - St. Louis Browns - Baltimore Orioles

League: AL Round-Robin -- Season 1
Password: playball

bontomn

Re: AL round-robin -- CENTRAL DIV LOADING

PostFri Nov 16, 2012 1:19 pm

I think the four stadium choices for the older Yanks is fine. But, having suffered at their hands too many times, maybe we should limit them only to Petco Park!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat