NL Round-Robin :: Season 12

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

MEAT

Re: NL Round-Robin -- Filled!

PostFri Dec 21, 2012 6:54 pm

yeah, but NOBODY decent played for the rockies or padres...and my THREE best players, walker, winfield and gwynn all play rightfield! my starting 2b combo is bip and wiggins! I wish the cards had a better SS than Ozzie, but I won't even get him. maybe if the Mets don't use kingman...

MEAT

PostFri Dec 21, 2012 6:59 pm

larry walker...expo and rockie...since rockies only have three players, and expos have tons of outfielders, we file for claiming rights. I see Marlins are even less help than rockies...but they have had some big names who might come out after autodraft.
and I guess my answer on goose, gamble, nettles etc would be no, since we're using NL only set, and those cards don't even exist, even if I were allowed to use them.

FRANKMANSUETO

PostFri Dec 21, 2012 9:23 pm

Houston we have a BIG problem. This league CAN NOT be set-up as NL ONLY!!! The Brewers are an AL Team and they are combined with the Mets.

tcochran

PostFri Dec 21, 2012 9:59 pm

FRANKMANSUETO wrote:Houston we have a BIG problem. This league CAN NOT be set-up as NL ONLY!!! The Brewers are an AL Team and they are combined with the Mets.

Brewers moved to the NL in 1998. Anyone who played for them after that is eligible after the autodraft.

FRANKMANSUETO

PostFri Dec 21, 2012 10:05 pm

So I can't draft/pick-up either Ben Sheets and Prince Fielder. How fair is that?

andycummings65

PostFri Dec 21, 2012 10:19 pm

Frank is right....the Brewers aren't there AT ALL in the NL ONLY SET.

I will create a FULL SET League for the NL Round Robin, just waiting on tcochran's ok

bontomn

PostFri Dec 21, 2012 11:08 pm

A few observations:

1) Yes, there is no MIL team in the NL version, but individual Mil-Exp cards (including both Sheets and Fielder) ARE available in the search-by-name field. I assume other Mil-Exp players are there, too, but would have to be searched out individually. The search-by-team option must have been somehow overlooked by Strat when they created ATG7. I think the Mets/Brewers combination is very competitive.

2) The Padres/Rockies, on the other hand, do not appear to be anywhere near competitive. We could keep things as is, in the knowledge that each of us has to endure them for one season, or we could switch to plain ATG7 with the proviso that only the Padres could use AL cards for players who played for them. That would give them access to the good Gossage, Nettles and Rickey cards and would help them immensely. I'm comfortable either way with the commissioner's call.

tomwistar

PostFri Dec 21, 2012 11:48 pm

I think we should stick to the rules that were established when the league was set up. So no AL cards used in the NL and vice versa. We'll all have to suffer through the Padres; it will be an interesting challenge to see if any of us can get close to .500.

FRANKMANSUETO

PostFri Dec 21, 2012 11:53 pm

Just to be clear I was not saying I did not like my team. Just that Milwaukee wasn't on the team list. I can live with what the rules are. No problem here. Also Fielder and Sheets are available. Maybe the Mets break there ACTUAL team record for loses. J/K & LOL. ;) :lol:

tomwistar

PostFri Dec 21, 2012 11:59 pm

Hmm ... on second thought -- will the weak Padres mean that the other West teams will have an unfair advantage every time in terms of the wild card? Maybe not, because the division is weaker to begin with and will get beat up by the other divisions. But maybe that's something to consider.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat