Finders Keepers Keeper League Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Roscodog

Re: Finders Keepers Keeper League Chat

PostSat Jan 05, 2013 6:29 pm

Some positions are a lot deeper than others, OF for example.

Wondering if before the cards come out we should decide the inevitable debate about whether or not to go with the unleashed set of cards.

One other change I'd like to suggest just to make things simpler is to the prospect rule. I would suggest that in order to simplify drafting that a prospect is anyone who has never appeared in a MLB game but is signed by a MLB team.

Keeping the rule that for the FA draft you have to have a card to be available. This ofcourse lead to players that cannot be drafted, for example Gardner if he wasn't already on my roster (assuming ofcourse that he doesn't receive a card)

Roscodog

VOTE

PostSat Jan 05, 2013 6:43 pm

1. Change prospect rule to any player who has never appeared in a MLB game but in under contract to MLB team.

2. To change to the unleashed set of cards for the FA draft.

I would hope these changes would end any debate as to who is or isn't available. Again this will mean that some players will not be able to be drafted in either draft, however this should only strengthen the following years FA draft. If you have a player currently on your roster that in uncarded he is still able to maintain a spot on your roster and is available for trade.

I think it is important to decide one way or the other before cards are released so that does not influence people's decisions.

Please vote yes or no to both. 8 yes votes needed to change rule.

MFL-
Nythawk-
Peter-
Terry-
Rosco-1.YES 2.YES
Ray-
Rant-
Turtle-
Iron-
Tcoch-
Niners-
Zim-

Ninersphan

Re: VOTE

PostSat Jan 05, 2013 7:52 pm

1. Change prospect rule to any player who has never appeared in a MLB game but in under contract to MLB team.

I would hope these changes would end any debate as to who is or isn't available. Again this will mean that some players will not be able to be drafted in either draft, however this should only strengthen the following years FA draft. If you have a player currently on your roster that in uncarded he is still able to maintain a spot on your roster and is available for trade.

I think it is important to decide one way or the other before cards are released so that does not influence people's decisions.

MFL-
Nythawk-
Peter-
Terry-
Rosco-1.YES 2.YES
Ray-
Rant-
Turtle-
Iron-
Tcoch-
Niners- Yes & YES Use 'em all I always say :D
Zim-

Terry101

PostSat Jan 05, 2013 10:28 pm

MFL-
Nythawk-
Peter-
Terry- Yes and no
Rosco-1.YES 2.YES
Ray-
Rant-
Turtle-
Iron-
Tcoch-
Niners- Yes & YES Use 'em all I always say :D
Zim-

Roscodog

TRADE

PostSat Jan 05, 2013 10:37 pm

Roscodog trades

Gonzalez-SS

to Terry for

JD Martinez-OF
Hannahan-3B

to be confirmed

Terry101

PostSat Jan 05, 2013 11:18 pm

Confirmed

Roscodog

PostSat Jan 05, 2013 11:33 pm

Roscodog wrote:2013 Top FA's by position. Take it for what it's worth, as I haven't researched every player and is obviously open to differing opinions.

SP- FIERS IP-127.2 HR-12 SO-135 WHIP-1.26

RP-TAZAWA IP-44.0 HR-1 SO-45 WHIP-0.95

CA-ELLIS AVG .270 OBP .373 SLG .414

1B MOSS AB-265 HR-18 AVG .291 OBP .358

2B ELLIS AVG .258 OBP .333 DEF-2 (estimate of E5)

SS SIMMONS AVG .289 OBP .335 DEF-1 (estimate of E10)

3B ALVAREZ AB-525 2B-25 HR-30 OBP .317 DEF-3 (estimate of E28)

OF BERRY AB-291 3B-6 SB-21 CS-0 OBP .330 DEF-2 entire OF

OF AOKI AB-520 2B-35 SB-30 CS-8 AVG .288 OBP .355 DEF-3 entire OF

OF BERNADINA AB-227 SB-15 CS-2 AVG .291 OBP .372 DEF-2 LF/CF 3-RF

...a few similar OF's lots to mention, tough picking a top 3.

I just did this for fun, so please don't take it too seriously if you disagree or If I missed someone, just trying to create some discussion. 8-)

Roscodog

Re: Prospects

PostSat Jan 05, 2013 11:34 pm

Roscodog wrote:
Roscodog wrote:Had some time on my hands. Thought I'd give a very early look at the top prospects available in the FKKL as of right now. This is based off scoutingbook.com rankings just FYI. MLB Top 100 prospect rankings in brackets.

TOP 25

1-M.Olt-3b (16)
2-C.Yelich-1b (17)
3-O.Taveras-OF (12)
4-J.Fernandez-P (22)
5-N.Castellanos-3b (10)
6-C.Correa-SS (34)
7-J.Odorizzi-P (30)
8-J.Singleton-OF (25)
9-N.Syndergaard-P (83)
10-M.Zunio-CA (nr)
11-J.Soler-OF (69)
12-Z.Cox-3b (nr)
13-C.Wong-2b (49)
14-J.Marisnick-OF (35)
15-A.J.Cole-P (90)
16-B.Buxton-OF (28)
17-M.Barnes-P (37)
18-C.Archer-P (81)
19-K.Gausman-P (nr)
20-W.Peralta-P (96)
21-J.Nicolino-P (86)
22.G.Springer-OF (48)
23-T.Cingrani-P (57)
24-T.May-P (nr)
25-M.Williams-OF (40)

Out of the players listed above this is how they'd rank with the MLB rankings (top 10)

1. Castellanos
2. Taveras
3. Olt
4. Yelich
5. Fernandez
6. Singleton
7. Buxton
8. Odorizzi
9. Correa
10. Marisnick

Just thought I'd move this forward, thought it may keep the trades going.

Roscodog

VOTE

PostSat Jan 05, 2013 11:36 pm

Re: Finders Keepers Keeper League ChatReport this postReply with quote
Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:28 pm

MFL-
Nythawk-
Peter-
Terry- Yes and no
Rosco-1.YES 2.YES
Ray-
Rant-
Turtle-
Iron-
Tcoch-
Niners- Yes & YES Use 'em all I always say
Zim-

nythawk129921

Re: VOTE

PostSun Jan 06, 2013 12:03 pm

MFL-
Nythawk-Yes and Yes(and until there is some rhyme or reason to strats inclusion or exclusion of players I will always vote yes)
Peter-
Terry- Yes and no
Rosco-1.YES 2.YES
Ray-
Rant-
Turtle-
Iron-
Tcoch-
Niners- Yes & YES Use 'em all I always say
Zim-
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat