1st NAKL Chat: LOCKED RULES ON PAGE 1

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Jerlins

Re: NAKL (North American Keeper League) Chat

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 9:50 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
Jerlins wrote:Bill, need a clarification regarding my prospect roster. When a prospect needs to be promoted or released by 2013, does that mean before the 2013 seasons begin, or after the season ends? I have 4 such players and trying to figure out my current roster cuts.

The 4 guys in question:

Machado Manny SS 2011
Belt Brandon 1b 2011
Profar, Jurickson SS 2011
Bundy, Dylan SP 2011

All have to be either promoted or released, PRIOR to the start of the season, so if you want to keep them, you'll need to figure them into your cuts. In other words, because we need to be at an active roster of 30, prior to the draft, and you currenlty stand at 39, if you want to keep all 4 guys you will need to make 13 cuts. 39-13+4=30.
This is done as a way to churn the rosters and start geeting some more depth into the free agnet pool.
Most of us have 4 guys in this position, some have less and one has more. It will make cuts VERY interesting me thinks. ;)

Thanks, I thought that was the case. Now I can get on with my planning. Won't effect my starting hitters or pitchers, but I'll have to toss back a player or two that had a wretched 2012 season I still think could be viable in the future, though I doubt any of them would go before round 5 in case I thought that highly of them to pick them back up. Surely, none of the 4 mentioned are going anywhere.

Roscodog

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Jerlins, if you're trying to create roster space, I'll take Trout off your hands for you. ;)

Jerlins

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 10:55 pm

Roscodog wrote:Jerlins, if you're trying to create roster space, I'll take Trout off your hands for you. ;)

I'll keep that in mind. Since you're the only one that has mentioned him, I'm assuming no one else has an interest, so if he goes, you'll be the first one I'll go to :)

Roscodog

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 10:55 pm

Jerlins wrote:
Roscodog wrote:Jerlins, if you're trying to create roster space, I'll take Trout off your hands for you. ;)

I'll keep that in mind. Since you're the only one that has mentioned him, I'm assuming no one else has an interest, so if he goes, you'll be the first one I'll go to :)

Thanks. :lol:

Roscodog

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 11:02 pm

I haven't had too much luck on the trade front lately, no one is returning my calls :? .

Ninersphan

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 pm

Haven't gotten any "calls" rosco... either no one on my teams is of interest, or vice-versa ;)

Course there is that Harper guy... ;)

Roscodog

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 11:36 pm

Ninersphan wrote:Haven't gotten any "calls" rosco... either no one on my teams is of interest, or vice-versa ;)

Course there is that Harper guy... ;)

Ya I have to promote or drop him, tough call. But I think i'll give him another season to prove himself.

Ninersphan

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 11:40 pm

Jerlins wrote:
Thanks, I thought that was the case. Now I can get on with my planning. Won't effect my starting hitters or pitchers, but I'll have to toss back a player or two that had a wretched 2012 season I still think could be viable in the future, though I doubt any of them would go before round 5 in case I thought that highly of them to pick them back up. Surely, none of the 4 mentioned are going anywhere.

Yeah you might have to do with a few less LF's and SS's considering you have 7 LF's and 8 SS's by my last count.

PS Segura can be had ;)

Jerlins

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 11:54 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
Jerlins wrote:

Yeah you might have to do with a few less LF's and SS's considering you have 7 LF's and 8 SS's by my last count.

PS Segura can be had ;)

Well, chances are Prado will be playing 3rd when Longoria goes down, which should be quite often, and Willingham hasn't been issued a glove by the team, so that leaves 5 LF's. :o :o

However, this is my most likely cut list, so if anyone has an interest, let me know:
McCann
Howard
Moreland
Roberts
Lowry
Young
Lillibridge
Humber
Romero
Bard
Reed
Escobar

Not sure about #13 yet, most likely either Rodriguez or Johnson.

Jerlins

PostTue Jan 22, 2013 12:22 pm

Trade announcement:

Hill-2B

for

Parra-OF
Willingham-LF
J.Johnson-SP
McCann-CA

Roscodog to confirm
PreviousNext