FAST 6 XXXI LEAGUE CHAT

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Muadib1950

Re: FAST 6 XXXI LEAGUE CHAT

PostSat Jan 19, 2013 8:10 pm

Are all 12 of us aware this Draft is underway? Hope so ... but with Pedro & Hornsby gone, how can I possibly hope to compete? Maybe I can sneak Roy Hobbs onto my Roster ... disguised as ... hmmm ... it sure won't be Lance this time, though ...

~~,__o
~_-\ < ,
(*)/ (*) ------->

deepdrive

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 7:30 pm

I would like to suggest adding a 4th round. With only 3 rounds the guys at the back end of the draft order are getting the short end of the stick.

N Texas Widowmakers

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 7:43 pm

deepdrive wrote:I would like to suggest adding a 4th round. With only 3 rounds the guys at the back end of the draft order are getting the short end of the stick.

Shouldn't they go first when we resume on Friday or whenever it is that we finish the fast 6 picks? :?

joeoc

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 8:14 pm

N Texas Widowmakers wrote:
deepdrive wrote:I would like to suggest adding a 4th round. With only 3 rounds the guys at the back end of the draft order are getting the short end of the stick.

Shouldn't they go first when we resume on Friday or whenever it is that we finish the fast 6 picks? :?

Correct Andy will finish the third round and start the fourth (1st Fast Pick) which kind of works out well for him with his basketball schedule. as they say 'Win, Win"

deepdrive

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 8:48 pm

That's cool. I forgot all about the fast part of the draft..... :oops:

Simon31

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 10:40 pm

Joe is correct! I hopethis isn't going to be an issue, since I neglected to mention it, is everybody signed in with their team for ATG VII???? :?

joeoc

PostTue Jan 22, 2013 3:49 pm

To echo what Dave said and trying to help him a bit as he is busy, it will make everything go a lot quicker if everyone has their team purchased by Friday, January 25th, 2013 for tentative start time of 8:00 pm, 8:30 PM or 9:00 PM EST start to the "Fast Three". This leaves us an hour and fifty minute to two hours and fifty minutes to draft three rounds and load our teams....It's a tight window but can be done if everyone is prepared. Andy should be good with his basketball commitment as he can leave his 4th round proxy pick with someone and have 23 picks to be made before he's up again.....giving him additional time to get home.

Of course the start time is pending the approval of Dave , our commish. ;)

Any problems Friday please post so Dave can make adjustments.

andycummings65

PostTue Jan 22, 2013 4:51 pm

actually I plan to post my fourth pick early...........

supertyphoon

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 5:53 am

Guys,

It seems this league has a heavy cloud hanging over it lately, some may call it cursed - but my wife of 29 years passed away on Monday, and I'm only checking in once a day. But I will do what I can to keep up and participate. The memorial service will be Friday evening at 7 pm, and it's highly questionable whether I could even draft a team or frenzy afterwards that night. If someone's willing to take my proxies, we can do that, but my preference would be entering a team Friday morning and taking whatever leftovers the autodraft sends my way. I don't want to drop out now or wait another week. My 2nd and 3rd round picks were going to be Luke Appling and Wade Boggs.

Dan

Simon31

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 6:43 am

Dan, I'm so sorry to hear about your wife! I can't even imagine what your going through. Take all the time you need. Nobody will mind putting this league on hold. You let us know when your up to this again. -David
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat