PostTue Jan 22, 2013 4:53 pm

Public proxy for my next pick:

Niemann, Jeff SP TB

qksilver69

Re: HCKL Chat Thread rules explanation

PostTue Jan 22, 2013 7:27 pm

Hey guys,

Just wanted to clarify a few rules, especially for the newcomers:

1) The "undo pick" rule - it was put in place so that drafters would have a reasonable chance to correct a mistake, but I want to hold very firm to the rule about not allowing this practice after the next pick has been posted, even if that pick has nothing to do with the prior pick. The main reason is I don't want us to get in the habit of undoing picks, and posting said "mistake" picks can influence the draft process for those people that see them. I don't like the possibility of tainting the draft pool.

Actually, for that reason I also discourage open proxies (sorry Palm I know you have no intent there), I prefer to use the practice of sending proxies to a drafter who just drafted & won't have as much possibility of being influenced by seeing the proxy.

2) The drafting of unleashed players - please note very carefully the rule on this subject. If a player would normally qualify (over 50 PAs or 30 IP) and they are ruled unleashed, you will get a repick later if you want it to get your roster to 40. But if you pick a player that does not meet normal inclusion criteria, you're stuck.

FYI Zim I think Kozma has no shot at inclusion but if he's in there, it will be a nice pick & good risk at this point.

Palmtana

Re: HCKL Chat Thread

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 12:42 am

superflymacdaddyjuice wrote:DJ Lemahieu IF CON

eff you PALM!!! :)

Don't worry Steve. LeMahieu will knock the cover off the ball.

It just won't go over the wall. :)

qksilver69

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 3:17 am

I was looking at that card closely, it did well in my back-of-the-napkin rankings. But it's pretty close to Kipnis' card so I passed, was curious to see who would be on him. Palm is throwing down the gauntlet this season! 8-)

Cubit

Re: HCKL Chat Thread rules explanation

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 8:21 am

qksilver69 wrote:Hey guys,

Just wanted to clarify a few rules, especially for the newcomers:

1) The "undo pick" rule - it was put in place so that drafters would have a reasonable chance to correct a mistake, but I want to hold very firm to the rule about not allowing this practice after the next pick has been posted, even if that pick has nothing to do with the prior pick. The main reason is I don't want us to get in the habit of undoing picks, and posting said "mistake" picks can influence the draft process for those people that see them. I don't like the possibility of tainting the draft pool.

Actually, for that reason I also discourage open proxies (sorry Palm I know you have no intent there), I prefer to use the practice of sending proxies to a drafter who just drafted & won't have as much possibility of being influenced by seeing the proxy.

2) The drafting of unleashed players - please note very carefully the rule on this subject. If a player would normally qualify (over 50 PAs or 30 IP) and they are ruled unleashed, you will get a repick later if you want it to get your roster to 40. But if you pick a player that does not meet normal inclusion criteria, you're stuck.

FYI Zim I think Kozma has no shot at inclusion but if he's in there, it will be a nice pick & good risk at this point.

Thanks for these clarifications Dave. I am looking forward to seeing the actual card set soon.

Cubit

Re: HCKL Chat Thread ROUND 10

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 10:08 am

Do I not have a pick in Round 10 of the draft?

Stoney18

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 10:18 am

Ted, I show you with 3 picks left after the Doubrant pick. They may be supplemental picks since you opened spots up after the draft had started.

Cubit

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 2:40 pm

Stoney18 wrote:Ted, I show you with 3 picks left after the Doubrant pick. They may be supplemental picks since you opened spots up after the draft had started.

Qk gave me the one pick in the current round, though I almost lost it because i could not log into the site, but only had mail, but I may be through now... :?: Thanks for watching out.

Ninersphan

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 3:38 pm

I was really afraid, things would have been moving faster and I'd be the one holding things up as I was unavailable for about 5 hours this morning/early afternoon. Seems that's not the case...

qksilver69

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 9:21 pm

Will check rosters when I get home but Ted acquired 2 players for picks so I think he is up to date.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat