sschu's Position Draft League chat thread-teamster to load

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

sschu

Re: sschu's Position Draft League chat thread

PostTue Feb 19, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi guys,

I am not really able to engage with the level of detail that it appears this draft requires. I am happy to participate, but my time does not allow for much beyond that right now. Sorry, I did a poor job of anticipating the complexities.

So if there is someone who wants to take over, please advise, otherwise I guess we crashed and burned.

Sorry that everyone's time got wasted, my fault.

Txs, sschu

bmilner

PostTue Feb 19, 2013 6:40 pm

I think we can avoid a complete reboot if we keep the first round position player picks, fix the pitching issue by having only one round for starters/relievers and another, in reverse order, for RPs only, leave all other pitchers to the auto draft and draft to fill each of the other positions in their entirety [from No. 2 through 12] before moving on to the next position on the list.

Also it makes most sense to have the position tied to the player's most expensive card.

I'll support the majority view, but don't think we have to pull the plug.

mrharryc

PostTue Feb 19, 2013 6:44 pm

No need to feel badly, Sschu, many of these complexities only emerged once we began. Very difficult to anticipate all the permutations until it unfolds - issues of unfairness are best discovered when we ourselves are in that particular draft position!

I think the concept is good and now that we're tweaking it I'm confident we can recapture the momentum and excitement.

Michael Grammes

PostTue Feb 19, 2013 6:53 pm

IMO...

Any Hitter, and Any Pitcher, should be the last two rounds, besides the stadiums that is...

While it should be viable to have multiple rounds going at the same time... we were unable to do such...

So, if we re-boot, total re-boot, the only thing that we take forward, is the draft order. And, then do a round at a time.

Any suggestions as to where and how we redo this?

bigmahon

PostTue Feb 19, 2013 6:56 pm

Sschu, no worries at all. Let's just fix this and move on.

In my opinion all that is required is a more patient approach to drafting. We must do one round at a time to ensure that everyone gets fair value from their position in each round.

For what it's worth, I disagree with the 'most expensive card' proposal. We should be able to draft any player that has a card with a primary position that fits whatever round we happen to be in.

Any volunteers to be the new commish? :shock:

sdajr76

PostTue Feb 19, 2013 9:04 pm

i will do it. i will put out my draft plan within the hour and then we can vote on it. deal?

-steven
-steven

bmilner

PostTue Feb 19, 2013 9:06 pm

Sounds good, Steven

sdajr76

PostTue Feb 19, 2013 9:28 pm

this is my plan.
140mil/DH/waivers/5-10-20
No trades until after autodraft is run

Selected Players must be the same primary position on their card as the position they are being selected for. (example Ruth '27 can only be selected for RF, and Ruth '21 can only be selected for LF).

rounds will be in specific order

round 1 - every player selects their 1st pick in their primary position
round 2 - RF
round 3 - LF
round 4 - CF
round 5 - C
round 6 - SS
round 7 - 2b
round 8 - 3b
round 9 - 1b
round 10 - any SP (may be SP/RP)
round 11 - any RP only
round 12 - any player
round 13 - any P (may be SP, SP/RP or RP)

i believe this way every player gets the player they want in their position and no one is picking without knowing who is available and who is not. then we just pencil in the players selected in the first round into our positions in the corresponding rounds.

then 14th round for stadiums

each round should be completed before the next round starts

sound good to everyone?

-steven
-steven

carr20

PostTue Feb 19, 2013 10:29 pm

ok with me.

However, in order to avoid inequity of pitching selection the any sp and any pitcher rounds ought to be coordinated draft-wise so that someone doesn't end up at bottom of both rounds...almost a snake draft of those to rounds with sp1 picking 12th in ap and ap1 picking 12th in sp.

Another idea...which I probably shouldn't even be suggesting in order to avoid further confusion...but which I will throw out nonetheless; rather than having rounds 2-11 predetermined...letting the 1st pick in a given round select the position...so if round 2 pick 1 wants to go rf, he can, but he can also start lf, or whatever...and so on.

hackra

PostTue Feb 19, 2013 10:31 pm

Steven,
thanks for jumping forward and doing this.
Your plan sounds great to me (I agree having 2 pitching rounds makes life tougher, but it is not an easy fix)
I do NOT like the idea of letting people pick the position they want to be in in this particular setting
In any case, sign me up when enough folks agree.

Rick "doc" Hack (hackra)
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat