Re: Finders Keepers Keeper League Chat

PostTue Feb 19, 2013 9:03 am

The Turtle trades Russell Martin and his 8th round FA pick

to MFL for his 6th round FA pick

trade confirmed

JAMESZIMMER

PostSun Feb 24, 2013 9:32 am

If it's possible I would like to drop Fenway and pick up the GAP.

Roscodog

PostSun Feb 24, 2013 11:12 am

I'd assume it's fine as Niners dropped Great American Ballpark

Rant

PostMon Feb 25, 2013 11:43 am

Stadium Rules
3) Team can change stadiums, but they can only be changed a maximum of once in three years. The stadium change must be made when there is no season in progress. Changes can be made first come, first served, by posting a notice on the message board. Players may trade stadiums with other players at any time except while a season is in progress.

Unfortunately, I must have lopped off changes in stadiums when I condensed the roster spreadsheet. Looking back it appears there's been at least one slip up that I'm guessing I was at the root of and one gray area.

1. Niners, you switched to Dodgers stadium when you took over your team for the 2011 season. But then last year you reverted back to your initial (inherited) stadium, Great American Ballpark. I'm guessing that I didn't change the stadium in the roster sheet, and you went off the roster sheet. My solution: Since the error was mine, and I didn't catch it prior to the draft last year, I suggest that Niners' slate be washed clean on changing stadiums and that his request to change this year be granted. His clock will start for three years from that change.

2. The Turtle entered the league in mid-season 2010, and was allowed to change at that point, as he was a new manager. I'm counting that change as the 2010 season and therefore he has the option (and used that option) to change his stadium this year. For drafting purposes it doesn't make logical sense to penalize an owner for taking over a team (thank you!) and forcing him to wait an extra in-game season or draft for two different stadiums.

Pre-season 2011 - Next change available is 2014 pre-season
    mfl changed his stadium to Comerica
    Peter changed his stadium to PNC
    Niners changed his stadium to Dodger

Pre-season 2013 - Next change available is 2016 pre-season
    Turtle changed his stadium to Miller
    zim changed his stadium to Great American Ballpark
    niners changed his stadium to Citizens Bank

Everyone else is open to change parks. If any owner has an issue with those two rulings, I'm open to discussion or alternative solutions. Once the draft starts, I'll consider the matter closed. My apologies to all for not detecting this earlier.

Ninersphan

PostMon Feb 25, 2013 11:48 am

Rant, that's exactly what happened, I even played season 2 last year in Great American, I'm guessing the change over from TSN didn't help matters any.

I'm perfectly willing to go back to Dodger stadium and abort my request for Citzens Bank Park this year just to stay within the letter of the law.

I just want out of GABP.

Ninersphan

PostThu Feb 28, 2013 10:13 pm

4 of the top 13 starting pitchers on my staff :D

4- Beachy
5- Anderson
12- Dickey
13 - Peavey

and round it out with:
37- Cueto

Roscodog

PostSat Mar 02, 2013 10:01 am

I'm working on an available players list thread. It is a work in progress. The hitters are done other than just cleaning up how it looks and I am working on the pitchers. If everyone could, please,please,please, look it over and atleast make sure none of your players (hitters for now) are on the list that would be apprecated. Once all the drops are made I'll just add a list of dropped players to the available players list. I'll do my best to get it done this weekend, but I have a few things on the go.

Roscodog

PostSat Mar 02, 2013 11:59 am

Ok list is done, both pitchers and hitters. I have no doubt that I may have missed someone and listed them as available even though they are on someones roster. Once again PLEASE look the list over for your own players and I will remove them if I missed someone.

Once the drops are final I wil add the dropped players to the thread as well under the category DROPS.

Looking at some of the names I was surprised they were available and had to triple check in some cases :o :shock: . Maybe my eyes are tired or I've just been looking at it too long, but I couldn't find them on peoples rosters.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat