Omar Infante
Michael Morse
Jemile Weeks
10 total

thechamp87

Re: L.E.G. Keeper League Chat Thread

PostFri Mar 01, 2013 11:49 am

Guys,

Also mentioned we would conduct a vote on the possibility to change stadiums. As a reminder, any new owner to the league will be allowed to change their stadium prior to the 1st season of the new year's set.

Other than a new owner taking over, we will vote on a couple options others have forwarded to me. PLEASE just put which number you are voting for next to your name.

1) Keep the same, no change allowed unless traded or a new owner takes over.

2) Keeper league where you are allowed to change stadiums, but after you switch, you have to stay with it for 3 seasons. Would you guys like to add that caveat to our league? So for example if you find you hate your stadium you may pick another between seasons (would only be at beginning of new set), but once you do so you may not change again for 3 seasons. (Neil posted this last December, I added the red and a season would be considered a year - no changes between seasons in a given year)

3) The entire league is allowed to change stadiums every 2 years, but if owner chooses not to, then must wait another 2 years) For this one, we would implement next year prior to the 2014 season.

edub1969 - #3
fredpaii - #3
chasenally -
artie4121 -
krazykat - #3
Mr Groundhog -
Buzz082308 - #3
cndowdy -
Terry101 -
timklucinec -
MichaelGrammes -
thechamp87 - #3

edub1969

PostFri Mar 01, 2013 2:56 pm

edub1969 drops: 39 - 9 = 30

Bass Anthony
Cain Lorenzo
Collins Tim
Drew Stephen
Dunn Adam
Martinez Fernando
Martinez J.D.
Presley Alex
Vargas Jason

timklucinec

PostFri Mar 01, 2013 5:46 pm

thechamp87 wrote:Guys,

Also mentioned we would conduct a vote on the possibility to change stadiums. As a reminder, any new owner to the league will be allowed to change their stadium prior to the 1st season of the new year's set.

Other than a new owner taking over, we will vote on a couple options others have forwarded to me. PLEASE just put which number you are voting for next to your name.

2) Keeper league where you are allowed to change stadiums, but after you switch, you have to stay with it for 3 seasons. Would you guys like to add that caveat to our league? So for example if you find you hate your stadium you may pick another between seasons (would only be at beginning of new set), but once you do so you may not change again for 3 seasons. (Neil posted this last December, I added the red and a season would be considered a year - no changes between seasons in a given year)

3) The entire league is allowed to change stadiums every 2 years, but if owner chooses not to, then must wait another 2 years) For this one, we would implement next year prior to the 2014 season.

edub1969 - #3
fredpaii - #3
chasenally -
artie4121 -
krazykat - #3
Mr Groundhog -
Buzz082308 - #3
cndowdy -
Terry101 -
timklucinec - #3
MichaelGrammes -
thechamp87 - #3

artie4121

PostFri Mar 01, 2013 6:51 pm

On my phone. Sorry for no repost.

Artie

chasenally

PostFri Mar 01, 2013 8:36 pm

This is my first Keeper League so it is all new to me.

I am disappointed in this rule change as I gave up 2 picks to get the Stadium that I wanted. I gave up a 16th and 17th for the 20th and 40th pick and now feel as though I wasted 2 picks.

I will live by the ruling and also would vote for Michael to be able to pick his own Park that would fit his needs as a new owner with a team that he didn't draft. I believe that to be only fair.

When are we drafting for the next season.

Mike
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

chasenally

PostFri Mar 01, 2013 8:37 pm

edub1969 - #3
fredpaii - #3
chasenally -#1
artie4121 - #3
krazykat - #3
Mr Groundhog -
Buzz082308 - #3
cndowdy -
Terry101 -
timklucinec - #3
MichaelGrammes -
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

Mr Groundhog

PostFri Mar 01, 2013 9:25 pm

I agree with Mike that it is really unfair to him at this time, however, it will make for a better league.

One change to proposal #3 should for it to commence with the 2015 season not next year as that would be in violation to the 2 year aspect of the rule if it passes now in 2013!

edub1969 - #3
fredpaii - #3
chasenally -#1
artie4121 - #3
krazykat - #3
Mr Groundhog - #3
Buzz082308 - #3
cndowdy -
Terry101 -
timklucinec - #3
MichaelGrammes -

artie4121

General question and a show of hands . . .

PostFri Mar 01, 2013 9:50 pm

First, Ernie, thanks again for herding all of us cats.

Secondly, I'd like to get a feel of whether others are feeling the same as I am about the speed with which the drops and draft are happening.

The cards came out yesterday and we have three total days to look them over and decide who we are dropping. I, like many/most/all of us, worked today, and that only leaves about 48 hours to decide who we are going to drop and keep.

Is there any consensus or wisdom to either move everything back a week or a few days at least? What really is the rush? We're going to have a season or two of 2012 cards, then nothing until . . . next spring? Why the scramble right now to do all this in record time?

Thoughts?

Artie

p.s. Full disclosure: I will be out of town from Thursday night till Monday at dawn, so I DO have a personal interest in delaying the process.

Mr Groundhog

PostFri Mar 01, 2013 10:18 pm

I'd be willing to push it back to give everyone time to make their decisions and I agree there is no need to rush into it.

That being said I am ready with the list of players the Windsor Drives are releasing.
1 R. Henderson
2 C. Barmes
3 J. Tabata
4 S. Duncan
5 D. Hudson
6 R. Nolasco
7 J. Lyles
8 T. Hanson
9 R. Madson
10 F. Salas
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat